Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 2.0 Headers on a 1.7??
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tracks914
I see a nice set of 2.0 headers on ebay (in the neighbouring province) but I have a 1.7. Can they be installed? Is it a spacing of the exhaust port issue or just a pipe diameter issue?
Tx
Allan
I believe they will fit but I think there is an issue with the exhaust hanger and muffler.
SLITS
They will fit!

You will need a late model exhaust hanger and a different muffler.

They are larger diameter pipe and have much better flow characterists.
Joe Bob
Headers? or heatexchangers and an extractor?

Headers will fit any motor.

A bolt on extractor needs to be the right one.....1.7 have one style.....73-74 2.0s another, 75-76 2.0 are diff as well....
davep
I saw them also, and was tempted. The entire exhaust must be of one type: 1.7/1.8 or 2.0. That means: heat exchangers, exhaust gaskets (head & muffler), hanger and muffler. It is a more expensive solution to switch, but a good set of stainless will last forever. If you can get a muffler at a good price, then I'd go for it.
Brad Roberts
FYI:

1.8 heat exchangers have the same size pipe diameter as the 2.0's. The 2.0 HE's and the 1.8 HE's really wake up the 1.7 engines with a tad better breathing..

B
DrifterJay
yeah I know biggrin.gif ...so does a lightened flywheel cool.gif
anthony
If you already have a 1.7 then hunt down a pair of 1.7 SSIs. They are usually pretty inexpensive and they are the same diameter as the 2.0 SSIs and then you don't have to find a 2.0 muffler and hanger.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.