914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Mueller
I still think the 959 is one of the ugliest cars Porsche ever made icon8.gif
anthony
agree.gif agree.gif agree.gif

Looks like a 911 with a bad body kit!
fiid
Yah. And I'm putting a ferrari V12 in a VW beetle. No pics though lol2.gif tongue.gif

Sounds like a cool project. Post pics when/if you can.
neo914-6
The entire car weighs 1300 pounds and is based on a full tube chassis, all covered with correct 914 body panels in Carbon Fiber/Kevlar with a Black and Yellow weave.... the suspension is also amazing and looks like an ALMS car with massive ducting and incredible brakes.

The guuy is a composites engineer and has made all the panels himself

Sound similiar to the guy who built the twin turbo v8 914

If you provide more details, I can provide a sketch biggrin.gif
dlo914
nice sketch, i should take up sketching/painting(acrylic) again, but then again all this time is being spent on the 14 confused24.gif o wells
GWN7
All I have to say is cool.

I like the idea and I know when the car is done it will be driven some where, some time, some place and pictures will show up of it then.

Guys with big "Bank" (as Brad calls it) like to be quiet about it and I don't blame them.

All I need is those 6 lotto numbers and I'll be one. biggrin.gif
(Yes I know lottos are nothing more than self imposed taxes, but it beats the return I got on my Enron shares)

beerchug.gif
SpecialK
QUOTE(GWN7 @ Dec 2 2004, 03:30 AM)
All I need is those 6 lotto numbers and I'll be one. biggrin.gif
(Yes I know lottos are nothing more than self imposed taxes, but it beats the return I got on my Enron shares)

beerchug.gif

chairfall.gif beer.gif
Jeroen
The entire car weighs 1300 pounds.... with massive ducting and incredible brakes.

Why'd you need massive ducting/brakes on a 1300# car confused24.gif
balljoint
QUOTE(redshift @ Dec 1 2004, 11:33 PM)
You guys want me to draw a picture of the car Jake can't show us?

M

In a word, yes. In a few more words, don't forget the close-up of the camshaft.

I think this is fun, I don't mind not seeing the car now, and hopefully I get to eventually. I mean, it's not like someone's carbon fibre body panels are going to literally help get my car off jackstands. What they might do though, which is what a lot of you guys do for me, is provide inspiration.

mueba.gif

How's that for mueba?
Mueller
since Jake ignored me in another thread, thought I'd dig this one up smile.gif

i love porsche
i was going to bring this up in the 550 thread too..but decided against it..

im glad im not the only one who is still wondering about this project
balljoint
Me three.

That spyder thread totally brought this back to mind.

nein14
every time Jake posts something it's a BIG SECRET!! get real. you always tell us about all the great progress on your project but never show us anything.

If you not willing to show us don't post it. biggrin.gif
turbo914v8
Man you mean I re-read this entire post for nothing sad.gif Well I guess we will have to wait about 5 years to see this car. You know that 914 owners have to let the car sit on jack stands a minimum of 5 years before any work get done. biggrin.gif
Jake Raby
The engine is underway for this car... BUT the customer definately wants to use my heads and thats still going to be a bit before I use them on a customer's engine..

I have only been following the customers directives on not spilling the beans on the car or who's it is or what it will look like- I respect his request. I don't know why he wants it this waym because one reason why we build crazy things is to blow other's minds- can't do that if they never see it.

While some customers are like this (very few) most are like "The Mighty Spyder" and love to share pics. Those are the guys that I benefit from because their project is not just fun, but realy good for business- so I cut them a deal.

The 914 project has slowed a ton since I posted this originally. In the beginning he was all into it, now I only hear from him once every two months- must be on jackstands somewhere!
redshift
It doesn't really matter. We'll see pics finally, oooh-and ahhh... and then get back to osphoing.

-shrug-

heh

M
grantsfo
Sounds like one of those projects that will end up on ebay in a couple of years. We'll see pictures then. biggrin.gif
Jake Raby
Yep- I'm thinking the same thing, but hoping not..

I'd really like to get this one RAT equipped, even if no one sees it...

If he bails now he's gonna lose a nice deposit, or get some parts that he has no use for- I hate it when people quit in the middle of a build..... Unless its for a damn good reason I'm not a very happy camper.
Lou W
It's Jesse James, Monster Garage Project. biggrin.gif
spare time toys
QUOTE (Jake Raby @ Aug 5 2005, 02:18 PM)

The 914 project has slowed a ton since I posted this originally. In the beginning he was all into it, now I only hear from him once every two months- must be on jackstands somewhere!

Could this be the car in the Widows garage? lol2.gif lol2.gif
rhodyguy
you're a tease and lurkers suck. i'm not going to even read the whole thread. i stopped reading after no the pictures statement.

k
Rand
Come on Jerry... Come out of lurking. And tell Jake he doesn't have to keep the photos in hiding any more (not that there's anything wrong with that).

wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.