Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: D-Jet Injector Trigger Points: Rebuildable?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ThinAir
I recently confirmed that the trigger points were the cause of some running problems. I had a spare set so things are fine with my car, but I'm wondering if anyone rebuilds these. I can't see anything about them to provide a clue on why they aren't performing as they should.
McMark
They act like a set of points. You can try cleaning the contacts.
ThinAir
I tried cleaning the contacts, and using a small nail file to make sure the surface was clean. I also checked that the surfaces seemed parallel to ensure that they make good contact. The behavior I experienced was sputtering when I revved the engine.
McMark
Another crude trick is to try and bend the spring arm to increase the tension against the distributor shaft. If the spring tension gets weak it can allow the contacts to bounce.
dangrouche
I wish they were rebuildable; the rubbing blocks that contact the dizzy shaft is what probably wears down. The references I have read say they last 100k miles. The other test is putting them on a scope and seeing that they have a good pattern. They truly are unobtanium and costs a bunch if you can find them. the strategy is to buy any and alll used dizzys and hope you get a decent set. I have paid $70 for a completely rebuilt dizzy on eBay and then I harvested the trigger points. the rest of the dizzy was junk.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.