Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: REWARD wtb 914-6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Pages: 1, 2
lostreasure
hello- this is my first post! I am ready to purchase a 914-6 (matching #'s) I will gladly pay someone a finders fee! I recently went to a estate sale to buy one but was just sold! I did buy a 1972 911s at the same estate sale-but my heart is with the 914- I had a 914 when I was 17 years old and have great memories. I had to sell to pay for college tuition when my dad could no longer pay for school. bye1.gif I would be more then willing to pay a finders fee for your help! thanks sooo much!
Mr.242
Here is one that was for sale..firm on price at $39k last fall....still might be available.

914-6 For Sale

Seller:
Brad Mayeur
914 Limited Inc.
1162 N. Byerly Hills Dr.
East Peoria, IL. 61611
309-694-1797
lostreasure
thanks but it was sold about two -3 months ago That would have been perfect! Again thanks for taking time out to respond!
Michael N
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1970-Porsch...forcev4exp=true

Remove the decals and roll bar. Change back the drivers seat.add stationary back pad and passenger seat. Add stock rear view mirror and original drivers side door mirror. Drive while making original again.
foofighter
There is one here in Grand Junction, Colorado for sale. It is currently in the care of Alan Johnson Racing Service. Alan is a well known and well thought of Porsche expert and racer so you can be sure that it is in top shape. I'm sure there are a few guys on the board that can confirm that.

I happened to ask about it when I was in the shop one day and he informed me that the owner was selling it. Other than that I know nothing about it. It is a beautiful Orange model...If only I could afford it sad.gif lol
His number is 970-245-8685. He is often out racing during the summer so keep trying.
68911l
http://road-scholars.com/1970-porsche-914-6/
pete000
QUOTE(68911l @ Jun 30 2013, 10:07 AM) *

Nice!!!

What are they asking ?

poke.gif
Michael N
QUOTE(pete000 @ Jun 30 2013, 11:11 AM) *

QUOTE(68911l @ Jun 30 2013, 10:07 AM) *

Nice!!!

What are they asking ?

poke.gif

1970 Porsche 914-6
VINL 9140431545
Built in April 1970
Exterior Paint: Light Ivory (repainted)
Interior: Black leatherette
Miles: 93,456
Motor: 2.7 liter hot rod motor in it now. Original 2.0 liter motor (long block) comes with the car.
This is a totally dialed in 914-6 with an incredible 2.7 liter motor installed that makes it a rocket ship to drive. No rust and belonged to a long time PCA 914 guru.

I emailed Road Scholars. $55K .
GeorgeRud
According to Hagerty Insurance's Value guide, that's about right these days. The rep at the Parade said the 914-6s were the fastest rising cars right now.
foofighter
QUOTE(Michael N @ Jul 7 2013, 09:53 AM) *

Yep that is the one I spoke of in my above post! biggrin.gif
k7ydl
Hello. I may have what you are looking for.

My 1970 914-6 is white, has matching numbers (VIN 9140430377) and has been mine since I bought it in early 1972. I think I will need to part with it to fund my daughter's college next year.

The car is in excellent original condition. Photos if you are interested. I'm thinking $35K and the value is there!

Contact me for many more details.

Greg
greg@centricata.com
503-628-4734

lostreasure
Thanks to everyone for helping out!
QUOTE(lostreasure @ Jul 8 2013, 02:21 PM) *

Thanks to everyone for helping out!

So, who's getting paid for a finders fee biggrin.gif
R8CERX
I thought every member of this fine establishment would equally get a share....

I got my Paypal ready when asked!! lol-2.gif

......minus Woody of course...He has yet to support my SCROT nomination after me delivering the goods....

Dr evil gets his share... I suppose... headbang.gif
lostreasure
Still looking! Any other 914-6 out there for sale? thanks
QUOTE(lostreasure @ Jul 16 2013, 11:58 AM) *

Still looking! Any other 914-6 out there for sale? thanks

What happened with the white six from Greg?? Sounded like a great car...
lostreasure
seller is a super nice guy! however i prefer to keep ppi between seller and me. So i am back searching for my dream 914-6-
Downunderman
There's always this one: http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details...D-2222364/?Cr=2

Has a good strong twin plug 2.7 in it.

H
Dominic L
QUOTE(lostreasure @ Jul 17 2013, 10:45 AM) *

So i am back searching for my dream 914-6-

I have one and I'm located in North Jersey. Looking for 25K. I'll PM you my contact info.

Dominic
Luke M
I'm thinking about selling one of my 6's. Are you looking for a project car to restore or a driver?
Kaeferfreund
QUOTE(foofighter @ Jun 30 2013, 04:20 AM) *

There is one here in Grand Junction, Colorado for sale. It is currently in the care of Alan Johnson Racing Service. Alan is a well known and well thought of Porsche expert and racer so you can be sure that it is in top shape. I'm sure there are a few guys on the board that can confirm that.

I happened to ask about it when I was in the shop one day and he informed me that the owner was selling it. Other than that I know nothing about it. It is a beautiful Orange model...If only I could afford it sad.gif lol
His number is 970-245-8685. He is often out racing during the summer so keep trying.

Hi!

Do you also have a current mail-adress? That one, I found seems not to be correct sad.gif

I'm also looking for one in good conditions.
racerbvd
What type of budget?? Any interest in fully (and correctly) restored, concours level??
ben*james
QUOTE(racerbvd @ Aug 1 2013, 07:33 PM) *

What type of budget?? Any interest in fully (and correctly) restored, concours level??

Just curious, what is the range on fully restored, concours level?
PM sent
Al Lovelace
QUOTE(lostreasure @ Jun 24 2013, 05:48 PM) *

hello- this is my first post! I am ready to purchase a 914-6 (matching #'s) I will gladly pay someone a finders fee! I recently went to a estate sale to buy one but was just sold! I did buy a 1972 911s at the same estate sale-but my heart is with the 914- I had a 914 when I was 17 years old and have great memories. I had to sell to pay for college tuition when my dad could no longer pay for school. bye1.gif I would be more then willing to pay a finders fee for your help! thanks sooo much!

I have a 1971 914-6 for sale. It is listed on Craigs list in Charlotte NC

Thanks, Al Lovelace
jimkeel
Unrestored white 914 1.7L here in Central Cal. Some rust, looks straight. I bought my daily driver from this local dealer(a Buick wagon) and have had a good experience with him. I'm in grad school here, and can't afford owning Porsches yet but love them nonetheless. Pics available, I stopped by earlier today and took a few for you, but the forum won't let me post one right now. VIN 4732907247 built 11/72. I don't know what details to look for, where the bad rust hides, numbers to check etc... Let me know if I can help, or if you're interested.

QUOTE(lostreasure @ Jun 24 2013, 01:48 PM) *

mettelman
There is an Ivory 6 for sale on eBay. Looks pretty nice.
lostreasure
QUOTE(mettelman @ Aug 5 2013, 12:03 PM) *

There is an Ivory 6 for sale on eBay. Looks pretty nice.

Yes ivory on ebay-wrong motor!has a 2.7
Mr.242

914-6 GT with a 3.2 on Craigslist $64k

Orange 914-6 GT w/3.2

Quote:
This is a genuine 1970 914-6 Porsche, built in the Porsche factory on May of 1970.

It has been professionally built up to GT Factory specifications with 1984 3.2 Carrera closed loop FI engine producing 245 hp. Mated to a freshly rebuilt (documented) Porsche five speed Limited Slip Trans-axle with Rennshift close ratio quick shifter and Patrick Motorsports aftermarket reinforcement items. Carrera suspension, Turbo front and GT rear brakes and Porsche developed steel side body plates to increase the structural integrity of the body to take the extreme hp and side loads. You can see some of these plates in one of the pictures on display. This includes 914-6 GT steel fender flares that can accommodate the larger 16 X 9 and 16 X 8 Fuchs wheels. Bilstein coil over shocks with 245 lb rear springs, 23mm front torsion bars, adjustable Weltmeister front sway bar, 914-6 GT/Ferrari rear mechanical and hydraulic calipers allows one to keep the ebrake, front Calipers are Porsche Turbo, 23mm Master brake cylinder with Metal braided lines all around to stop this 2100 lb 914-6 GT. A new up to date flat fuse box. Handmade Stainless Steel headers with Stainless Steel heater exchange. Competitive Willians 6 point 3 inch Racing Harness from the UK, Rennline, Momo, Alpine with Boston Speakers, it goes on and on..... And the original color of Tangerine or Blut Orange in German looks like new.

It just completed its yearly maintenance where we pull the engine / transmission from the body to address any and all maintenance. At that time we leak down test which showed it is still a LIKE NEW engine. We also added Turbo front and GT rear mechanical / hydraulic calipers and all new vented disc brakes. Porsche rear GT brakes are impossible to source. These GT brakes allow the use of the hand brake and have 33% bigger pucks. Original Porsche Factory GT calipers were sourced by the Porsche Factory from Ferrari.

Its not perfect but then what is? Mileage shown is 26k but true mileage may be different. This car comes with a clear California title and FOUR inches of receipts and documentation.

The few remaining 1970-71 914-6's are becoming the new Speedsters of our era. Which is why Hagerty Insurance gives the 1970-71 Porsche 914-6 the fastest increasing value of any used car on the market today.

This is my car and I am a private enthusiast. It is garaged and maintained in Bay Area of Northern California.

I have set a price of $64,000.00
Kaeferfreund
QUOTE(Mr.242 @ Aug 12 2013, 08:56 PM) *

914-6 GT with a 3.2 on Craigslist $64k

Orange 914-6 GT w/3.2

Quote:
This is a genuine 1970 914-6 Porsche, built in the Porsche factory on May of 1970.

It has been professionally built up to GT Factory specifications with 1984 3.2 Carrera closed loop FI engine producing 245 hp. Mated to a freshly rebuilt (documented) Porsche five speed Limited Slip Trans-axle with Rennshift close ratio quick shifter and Patrick Motorsports aftermarket reinforcement items. Carrera suspension, Turbo front and GT rear brakes and Porsche developed steel side body plates to increase the structural integrity of the body to take the extreme hp and side loads. You can see some of these plates in one of the pictures on display. This includes 914-6 GT steel fender flares that can accommodate the larger 16 X 9 and 16 X 8 Fuchs wheels. Bilstein coil over shocks with 245 lb rear springs, 23mm front torsion bars, adjustable Weltmeister front sway bar, 914-6 GT/Ferrari rear mechanical and hydraulic calipers allows one to keep the ebrake, front Calipers are Porsche Turbo, 23mm Master brake cylinder with Metal braided lines all around to stop this 2100 lb 914-6 GT. A new up to date flat fuse box. Handmade Stainless Steel headers with Stainless Steel heater exchange. Competitive Willians 6 point 3 inch Racing Harness from the UK, Rennline, Momo, Alpine with Boston Speakers, it goes on and on..... And the original color of Tangerine or Blut Orange in German looks like new.

It just completed its yearly maintenance where we pull the engine / transmission from the body to address any and all maintenance. At that time we leak down test which showed it is still a LIKE NEW engine. We also added Turbo front and GT rear mechanical / hydraulic calipers and all new vented disc brakes. Porsche rear GT brakes are impossible to source. These GT brakes allow the use of the hand brake and have 33% bigger pucks. Original Porsche Factory GT calipers were sourced by the Porsche Factory from Ferrari.

Its not perfect but then what is? Mileage shown is 26k but true mileage may be different. This car comes with a clear California title and FOUR inches of receipts and documentation.

The few remaining 1970-71 914-6's are becoming the new Speedsters of our era. Which is why Hagerty Insurance gives the 1970-71 Porsche 914-6 the fastest increasing value of any used car on the market today.

This is my car and I am a private enthusiast. It is garaged and maintained in Bay Area of Northern California.

I have set a price of $64,000.00

Nice, but unfortunately not an original one ....
nine11speedster
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Vintage-Sur...forcev4exp=true

there is one on Ebay now
Kaeferfreund
QUOTE(nine11speedster @ Aug 23 2013, 09:50 PM) *

That car is in an original condition, unbelievable. Really nice agree.gif
lostreasure
very rusty underneath-
JawjaPorsche
QUOTE(lostreasure @ Aug 23 2013, 05:17 PM) *

very rusty underneath-

Hey, it is a Wisconsin car! biggrin.gif
Nine_14
Driver door fits well, but maybe only my eyes are not in same level biggrin.gif
lostreasure
There may be a serious rust issue! Look at door jams and you can see some serious pitting that is now covered up with paint. I noticed the car had a nasty re-paint(amateur) and painted over just about everything. I would be concerned the car is folding and would explain poor fitment of doors.
TJB/914
QUOTE(Nine_14 @ Aug 24 2013, 05:41 AM) *

Mr. N.J. Lostreasure with only (5) posts. popcorn[1].gif

Wondering how this is working out for 914-World members idea.gif screwy.gif

What is your reward offer in $$'s?? or $% of purchase??
How will you determine who gets a reward with your 914-6 purchase??

Why don't you hire a knowledgeable 6er consultant off this board (with a contract) to find your 914-6??? I hate loosie-goosie words of reward. Please don't take offense!! You have lots of people offering personal info & you don't appear to be doing your own search with these posts.

Tom
Nine_14
@ Lostreasure

what's about the black GT conversion on ebay ?? Not a real /6 but a well sorted 914 with a lot of fun with the 3.6 behind you smile.gif smile.gif

Many junk /6 are on the market now and most of them are overpriced (my point of view) a good conversion car could be the right choice and a lot of friendly 914world
members offers support, if you need some help for your purchase.
I think those friendly guys will do it for free, if they are near to the 914 you want.
billh1963
QUOTE(TJB/914 @ Aug 24 2013, 11:52 AM) *

Why don't you hire a knowledgeable 6er consultant off this board (with a contract) to find your 914-6??? I hate loosie-goosie words of reward. Please don't take offense!! You have lots of people offering personal info & you don't appear to be doing your own search with these posts.

Tom

I may be wrong; however, he might be a flipper who has bought several 6's and is sending them back to Germany for a nice little profit. I've seen similar tactics before. Act like you can't find the ""right" car while your agent buys the cars the members point out for you. Not a bad way to get some free labor. dry.gif

Time will tell.....
lostreasure
I prefer a nice number matching 914-6 that has not been rusted out like a couple that have been for sale lately- I will be patient and the right one will come up. I hope some one reading this right now may just reach out and contact me? thanks
Kaeferfreund
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Aug 24 2013, 10:17 PM) *

I may be wrong; however, he might be a flipper who has bought several 6's and is sending them back to Germany for a nice little profit. I've seen similar tactics before. Act like you can't find the ""right" car while your agent buys the cars the members point out for you. Not a bad way to get some free labor. dry.gif

Time will tell.....

Oh, my goodness...what do you think dry.gif
Nine_14
biggrin.gif Germany becomes flooded with /6

914 world members must help to keep some in the states.
Nine_14
Gruesse an den Kaeferfreund smile.gif
Kaeferfreund
QUOTE(Nine_14 @ Aug 24 2013, 11:28 PM) *

Gruesse an den Kaeferfreund smile.gif

Thanks! Same to you. I'm sinking in the wave of 914-6 offerings here every day smile.gif
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Aug 24 2013, 01:17 PM) *

QUOTE(TJB/914 @ Aug 24 2013, 11:52 AM) *

Tom

Time will tell.....

Lostreasure,
I've lost track of this posting. But with your lack of response to provide a picture of the back side of the -6 oil tank you "were " attempting to sell. Makes me think theirs some validity that the picture posted of -6 tank might have been lifted off anther site. If its legit f/s ...please post to prove me wrong. Other wise buyer be careful. -6 tank, I'm out.
Thanks for your time.
914itis
I think that thank was sold on eBay
eBay item # 321189471361
billh1963
QUOTE(Kaeferfreund @ Aug 24 2013, 05:15 PM) *

QUOTE(billh1963 @ Aug 24 2013, 10:17 PM) *

Time will tell.....

Oh, my goodness...what do you think dry.gif

Not saying I'm right. This may be legitimate. However, one would be a fool to not consider the possibility.
Kaeferfreund
No new offer of a 914-6 here than that one on ebay? Also still looking for one in a good condition, original, no M471 til MY 71 (preferred CA, AZ, ....sunny states west coast). And believe me, it's only for myself not for a German reseller ;-)

Send a mail/message! Thankx.
6freak
10% the cost of the car for finder???...so if the finder is the seller then score!
smile.gif stranger stuff has happend
bulitt
Heres one. Dont know the asking price, not mine, no affiliation and I post this as info, no reward expected or wanted.

1970 914/6
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.