McMark
IPB Image
messix
mayo
piratenanner.gif
Steve
QUOTE(McMark @ Jun 25 2013, 04:19 PM) *

IPB Image

Isn't that one of the natives from the new Star Trek movie?
Woody
QUOTE(McMark @ Jun 25 2013, 04:31 PM) *

QUOTE(Woody @ Jun 25 2013, 02:18 PM) *

ILBT!! beerchug.gif

You didn't even spell it right. tongue.gif

I absolutely did. Click to view attachment

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jun 25 2013, 04:39 PM) *

QUOTE(Woody @ Jun 25 2013, 02:18 PM) *
ILBT!! beerchug.gif

Slowly step away from the mirror ...
icon8.gif

bye1.gif Click to view attachment
montoya 73 2.0
QUOTE(Spoke @ Jun 25 2013, 01:47 PM) *

I've been in tech support for a couple of semiconductor manufacturers. Our rule of thumb is if you haven't straightened out the issue by 3 emails back and forth, it's time to pick up the phone.

Email is great for providing a written trail, but is not good for ironing out differences of thought. One minute on the phone can circumvent many emails and reduce frustration.

agree.gif

I have worked for a large privately owned company in the Glendale, Ca. area. The do not and will not use voicemail systems and do not use email as a major form of communication when it comes to customer service. You call them and you will actually talk to a person when ordering components. You can email to ask questions but you will receive a phone call in return.

I'm sorry you feel in some way you were cheated or ignored but if you want the product bad enough, than you need to call and find out what is the situation.

I personally have had two situations with separate vendors that were similar. One is a large professional parts supplier and screwed many of us customers in the last several years and one was a weekend warrior. Both were unresolved and I never received my refund and the other I never received my merchandise! They were small items and it was the principal of the matter but it was my problem, I did use the search function and took my chances anyway so I had dealt with it! As for informing the masses, everyone knows these two and their reputations.

If it were me, I would have called after the first email went unanswered but that's how I do things when someone has something I want or need. All the other vendors that I have done business with, they know that I'm a pain in the ass for all the phone calls but that's how things get done! smash.gif

My 2 cents and IBTL!!!
JRust
I'm no rocket scientist. I did stay at a Holiday inn last night though evilgrin.gif .

Dave at triad is a great guy. A little old school as stated. Rather than list all your emails. If you couldn't find his phone #. Why not just post a thread asking for his contact info. Or help contacting him. Our community is pretty tight. Someone is bound to have his info.

Your exhaust does sound like one he needs to see & have measurements from. Going by your emails I sure wouldn't want to sell you an exhaust without test fitting it first. I can understand your frustration & post if you had paid for the exhaust. That didn't happen did it? Are you out any money?
SGB
I miss you guys...
colingreene
I just wanted to add to this thread about my experience with Dave.
Starts with this thread actually.
I read it, thought oh I should call him.
So i did, talked to Dave on the phone, said he had just gotten back from vacation and could get to what i need no problem.
Described my car as far was what i was going to be using. (76 2.0 HE)
He said he would knock it out no problem.
Emailed me and i went from there. He was really helpful and friendly.
Gave me a call when the parts were ready to ship to try to make sure he could get it out the door for me Friday afternoon!
thats pretty cool!
So If you want a exhaust, Please call him. hes great to deal with and its a pretty good price I feel.
Ill update this thread with pictures when i get my exhaust on Wednesday!
Dr Evil
I went to visit Dave and Triad this past weekend when I was picking up cores. What a great little shop! Dave is a pretty nice guy, too smile.gif I am biased as I love the Triad exhaust.
IronHillRestorations
Am I the only one that's (more than anything else in this thread) disturbed by the engine with a nice Triad muffler on the exhaust and a single progressive carb on the intake side? blink.gif confused24.gif

Click to view attachment
[/quote]
colingreene
years of life experience has taught me to not give much of a shit about other peoples problems.
Its weird but it works for me.
euro911
I remember getting a mustache hair stuck between my teeth once. It happened during a first date with some really knockout chick. Couldn't get that fooker to budge and it drove me crazy the entire evening screwy.gif

What causes that to happen? ... and why do things like that occur at the most opportune moments?

Have you no compassion for your fellow man? poke.gif
scotty b
QUOTE(euro911 @ Sep 6 2014, 01:14 AM) *

I remember getting a mustache hair stuck between my teeth once. It happened during a first date with some really knockout chick. Couldn't get that fooker to budge and it drove me crazy the entire evening screwy.gif

What causes that to happen? ... and why do things like that occur at the most opportune moments?

Have you no compassion for your fellow man? poke.gif

So did you ask her to shave before the next date, or just accept it as a part of life ? confused24.gif
Dr Evil
agree.gif That was my first thought smile.gif
TJB/914
Back on the Triad Muffler post. popcorn[1].gif
I like the sound and it's an improvement over my old Bursch!! pray.gif I eliminated the raspy sound of the Bursch at low cruising speeds. Same exhaust noise, but Triad is better.
BTW: Did I say it's "pretty" blink.gif w00t.gif
Tom
euro911
Just curious what the costs was to heat coat the muffler, Thomas? Did they just coat the exterior, or did they completely submerse it to coat the interior as well?

I was happy with a Triad, but the OEM banana is a bit quieter and allows me to hear electronic audio a little better.

... as for the hair, it was my mustache, not her goatee, although it happens. slap.gif ... and it was just a jab at Colin's post stirthepot.gif
TJB/914
QUOTE(euro911 @ Sep 6 2014, 04:46 PM) *

Just curious what the costs was to heat coat the muffler, Thomas? Did they just coat the exterior, or did they completely submerse it to coat the interior as well?

I was happy with a Triad, but the OEM banana is a bit quieter and allows me to hear electronic audio a little better.

... as for the hair, it was my mustache, not her goatee, although it happens. slap.gif ... and it was just a jab at Colin's post stirthepot.gif

Mark,
Normal cost is about $200+ bucks, but mine was a lot less from my personal high school friends powder coatings shop at a his cost (??). I never got the bill.
They sand blast to bare metal, ceramic coat and bake outside surfaces only. They rubber plug off the open ends and put it in a hot water/ceramic pellet tub to rub/scrub the coating to a hi shine. First time I started the car up, lots of small white pellets blasted out the tail pipes that got inside the muffler.
Photo: I just cut a hole in my rear steel valance & the dual outlets look good. The sound is really, really great. drooley.gif
Tom
TJB/914
Forgot to tell everyone when ordering a Triad. Have them weld in a CO2 (about 1/2") threaded bung in the top tube area for future engine tuning. I wish I had thought to do it before the coating process.
A Must doooooo, headbang.gif
Tom
Sleepin
QUOTE(SGB @ Jun 25 2013, 09:23 PM) *

I miss you guys...

Nice stripes! They look familiar!

IPB Image
pete000
How does one get a Triad Exhaust? I see their web site is not working.
messix
QUOTE(pete000 @ May 20 2016, 10:41 PM) *

How does one get a Triad Exhaust? I see their web site is not working.

it worked for me
it's best to call him 1-360-280-6855
http://www.triadwestperformance.com/
porschetub
QUOTE(SLKWrx @ Jun 26 2013, 01:43 AM) *

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jun 25 2013, 09:34 AM) *

i don't get why people, in general, love exchanging numerous emails when a simple 10 minute phone call will do the job. i'll take a land line call over an electronic communication any day. he ?s. clarifications. people going on vacation. order ?s. computer problems. too freekin' much.

Because in general, email can be tracked. If you sent an email a month prior ordering X, Y, and Z for a quoted price. You can refer back to said email. A phone call becomes who remembers what and how it was interpreted if it was transcribed.

agree.gif and will live in a modern world,not everyone can just call,besides why would you as a engine builder/ fabricator spend 30mins on the phone to have the guy say I will think about it when you could be finishing a customers motor or similar job.
Some however have an almost God like approach which is involves charging for advise or having waiting lists a mile long,then you hear they are busy keeping up or have had various issues....that's not good business.
2 sides of the coin really and some of these issues involve customers not planning ahead for a build or their future requirements,not just engines are custom built.

Steve
I have one on my 3.2. I love it. It does sit lower than the previous turbo muffler, but not lower than anything else in the drive train. Only issue was that the pipes were pointed down about 45 degrees. It was cheaper to have it fixed locally at a muffler shop versus sending it back. I also called up. He is doing this for retirement money and is overwhelmed at times with the demands for his product. Really nice caring guy.

-Steve
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.