Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My lightweight project
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
URY914
I ran an autox this past Sunday so I work on getting the body to the point that I could prime it. The body panels fit pretty well but I have some minor work to do.
URY914
Here's another.

Paul
URY914
I'm thinking of adding some material to front spoiler in front of the front tire area to close this up. It will be radiused to match the tire. You see this on the 911 GT3 race cars. It would have no effect other than being a little different.
Just something else to do.
Paul
URY914
Here is one big one...
maf914
Paul,

The area behind the spoiler at the wheel opening is a low pressure area that allows air to exit. You may want to leave it open. In fact for increased airflow you may want to pull the rear edge of the spoilerout ward to increase. Or add a small gurney lip like the ALMS sportscars sometimes have. Note how the European sedan racers go to a lot of trouble to provide relief louvers at this location. Also note that NASCAR stockers use this area for downforce tuning. The rules restrict the amount they can pull out the lower panel. In previous years the trailing edge of the front spoiler stuck out noticably. Less so now that rules govern the configuration.

What this really means on a short circuit sportscar, I don't know. You might want to check with some SCCA racers, since they probably know a lot of aero tricks.

Mike
seanery
Hey!!

It looks like a car again!

Nice job Paul. beerchug.gif
nine14cats
Hi Paul,

The project looks great...I'm interested in your front spoiler....where did you get one that is so deep...I'm still trying to figure out what to do up front on my track car...

Thanks,

Bill P.
Qarl
Looks pretty cool. Without the paint, it looks like a regular 914 ran into the back of a dragster and fused together. smlove2.gif

It will look great painted. clap56.gif

How did she run at the AX?

Regards,
URY914
The front spoiler started life as a "Deep Limited Edition" spoiler from AIR (American International Racing) and it had small brake ducts molded in it. I cut the lower section off and the small ducts out, lowered or deepened it with fiberglass and added the big ducts. The ducts came from Racer Wholesale and are ABS plastic. I added the bottom splinter out of fiberglass. As you can see it is very low and it rubs the ground from time to time.

Paul
URY914
Karl,
It ran pretty well-but several times I needed more HP. My foot was planted on the pedal but it won't give me any more. The new engine is on the stand awaiting parts.

I was second fastest overall- a three time SCCA Nat. Champ beat me by .3 of a second in a 944s2.

Paul
cha914
Its strange how much longer the car looks (to me) when it doesn't have any seems and no windshield...

The project is comming along great, I really like the way its looking...great now I want to learn fiberglass along with welding/metal working tongue.gif

The more I mess with this car the more I want to learn...

Thaks for sharing,

Tony
watsonrx13
Paul, the car really looks great, sorry I haven't been in touch lately alot of personal issues have come up. Congrats on second. I'm going through the fuel delivery system on the red car, so it's not going to be drivable any time soon.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.