Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking for an exhaust for a 1976 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
jpd12arch
New to the forum and am in search of an exhaust on my newly purchased 1976 914. Well, not quite new bc it needs a lot of work

Thanks for any help
tweet
QUOTE(jpd12arch @ Jun 28 2013, 04:51 PM) *

New to the forum and am in search of an exhaust on my newly purchased 1976 914. Well, not quite new bc it needs a lot of work

Thanks for any help

Hello and welcome. Is this for a 2.0L?
914runnow
QUOTE(jpd12arch @ Jun 28 2013, 12:51 PM) *

Thanks for any help

Is your car a Cali car?? w/ a caty on it??
and exhaust meaning:
heat xchngrz...
muffy...
What is your 'Originality' quotient??
do you pref quiet or loud or in the middle..?
do you still want to run heat boxes in the car??
you have pounds of avenues to go with here..
you can backdate to 73 - 74 type....
or go with stainless steel heat xchngr'z...
and a performance muffler etc...
are you still stock injected or carbies??

Best way to go...some pics of your current system..
and your exact needs...
how long will you keep it....BTW is your vin in the data base here??
Thatz a start before you get overloaded with replies..
Good luck welcome.png beerchug.gif
jpd12arch
WOW! Thanks and I guess I need to add some more info here.

1976, 2.0L middle of the road in terms of loudness. Here is a pic.

I'll update.

Thanks again.
JawjaPorsche
Looks like you might have push rod tube seal leak. Lots of oil there. Enjoy your new teener. welcome.png
orthobiz
QUOTE(tweet @ Jun 28 2013, 04:56 PM) *

Thanks for any help

All 1976 are 2.0

Paul
914runnow
If your muffy is shot..
I have that same one available.has about 3 thou miles on it

newer cond..
pm me if interested..
Thanx Rx
jimkelly
looks like you mainly are looking for a muffler - and that you will be using your late 2 piece heat exchangers.

with any older car you should make sure your brakes all work well, or look to eric shea for rebuild calipers. also check your suspension, shocks, etc.

i'd run that exhaust and spend the money elsewhere, I think.

you will only get an unnoticeable increase in HP by backdating your exhaust if that is what you are thinking.
JamesM
QUOTE(tweet @ Jun 28 2013, 12:56 PM) *

Thanks for any help

All 76s were 2.0s. Also all late cars (75&76) 1.8 and 2.0s used the same exhaust system.

Bummer, I gave away a complete late style exhaust last year because I always backdate and it was worth nothing to me. I recomend backdating to the 73-73 2L exhaust, or any style of the SS heat exchangers.

jimkelly
if you decide to go stainless - check for this.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...;hl=sshe++crack

even a small fissure can be found with MOUTH pressure.

also - regular steel 2.0 set has almost the same ID as 2.0 stainless set - just heavier.
pilothyer
I have a practically new Bursch with the catalytic bypass that I no longer need. I would sell for $100.00 plus shipping. Picture available if interested.
This is a BX1433 with the catalytic by-pass pipe, the sticker on it hasn't even been burned off. It has a nice deep throaty sound. Pelican sells this with the bypass pipe for $326.00 plus shipping. I would use it myself, but no longer have the original HE's on my 75.
rhodyguy
i'd take jerry up on his offer. back dating involves a whole lot of parts, $$$, time and related shipping costs. if there is an 'issue' with a exh manifold stud, or 2, it's a whole new door.
914ltd
I have a 4 outlet muffler like yours, nice condition. $75 plus ship from Illinois. (probably about $35.) But, too loud and requires notching the valance. My recommendation: go with the Bursch offered by Pilot. That's a great price. The Bursch is the longest lasting muffler available for 75 and 76 cars. Brad
pilothyer
Per your request, here are pictures of the Bursch Extractor that were taken this evening.

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment
pilothyer
Another

Click to view attachment

pilothyer
Another

Click to view attachment

pilothyer
Last one

Click to view attachment
rhodyguy
nice clean part there jerry.
pilothyer
Item marked as SOLD PENDING PAYMENT. I would like to extend thanks to Kevin and Brad for your supportive remarks about this item. It is really a nice one at a good price for anyone looking for this.
sean_v8_914
Jerry's muffler is a nice piece at a good price. better sound than that 4 tip dea but no performance improvementl. getting rid of that 2 pc smog dog HE is a noticeable improvement in torque range. SSI has larger ID and the 4-2-2-1 design when coupled with a Brusch is a good improvement but alot more money
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.