Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 75 LJet will not fire
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
timothy_nd28
QUOTE(malcolm2 @ Jul 1 2013, 12:55 PM) *

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jul 1 2013, 02:03 PM) *

Is there a method for storing injectors that are going to sit ? I have had several sets of 1.8 injectors that Rich cleaned and tested; probably 5 years ago

Do share!

I won't need it, 'cause when he sends them back they are going straight on and the key will be turned once again. I feel success is days away.

I was secretly hoping failure and you would give in to the temptation of carbs. Thus posting a FS ad of your new FI harness happy11.gif
r_towle
I have had very good success using Tektron FI cleaner.
This is the stuff you pour into the gas tank.

I soak the injectors overnight in that stuff, fully submersed.
Clean them off, dry them out, plug them in and they work.

This is with old "seized" injectors.

Rich
Black22
I run straight Marvel Mystery Oil through them before storage. Then seal them up in a zip-lock bag.
JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(timothy_nd28 @ Jul 1 2013, 02:01 PM) *

I was secretly hoping failure and you would give in to the temptation of carbs. Thus posting a FS ad of your new FI harness happy11.gif

I have another with your name on it Tim... biggrin.gif
timothy_nd28
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Jul 1 2013, 05:01 PM) *

QUOTE(timothy_nd28 @ Jul 1 2013, 02:01 PM) *

I have another with your name on it Tim... biggrin.gif

All in good time beerchug.gif My next major purchase wife willingly, will be the famous Rennshift
malcolm2
Small celebration tonight. A forum friend here in town loaned me some noid lights. I installed one and confirmed that the injector connections were getting power. All four lit up! I get the injectors back and I will have ignition dammit! beer3.gif
timothy_nd28
piratenanner.gif
JeffBowlsby
Oh yea... wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.