Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Euro Turn Signal wiring question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sfrenck
I want to have the amber lens light only be the turn signal and my Camp914 kit be my parking lights. I tried "tricking" things by hooking the Camp914 wiring up to the turn bucket 57 connector (disconnect the wire from 57 terminal, use the wire for the Camp914 light) and the turn bulb would not come on.

Read the following thread about disabling the parking light side of the 1157 bulb.
Camp914 kit install
Tried doing that by putting some electrical tape over that part of the bulb, but again that didn't work.

Anyone know the secret? 1156 bulb maybe? My car has shaved side marker lights so those wires are available.

ANSWER: 1157 bulb is correct, take the parking light wire off of the 57 terminal on the bucket and use it for the Camp914 light is also correct. Make sure the Camp 914 light has a good ground. I know that I tested this method 3x before posting the initial question, but I guess I needed to do it four times. headbang.gif .
Thx,
S
Mike Bellis
There are 3 wires on the bucket:
Ground
Running Lights
Turn signals

Just disconnect the parking light wire and connect it to your new bulb.

An 1156 lamp will not work. It will short both terminals together and cause the rear turn to light up every time the lights are on. It will also cause the rear parking lamp to flash.

sfrenck
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Jun 30 2013, 09:30 PM) *

Ground
Running Lights
Turn signals

An 1156 lamp will not work. It will short both terminals together and cause the rear turn to light up every time the lights are on. It will also cause the rear parking lamp to flash.

I tried your method earlier (which makes total sense) - no turn signal if 57 is disconnected from the bucket.
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(sfrenck @ Jun 30 2013, 07:17 PM) *

QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Jun 30 2013, 09:30 PM) *

Ground
Running Lights
Turn signals

I tried your method earlier (which makes total sense) - no turn signal if 57 is disconnected from the bucket.

On the attached schematic, 58 is the wire you want, Grey/red and grey/black (right & left). If your turn signals stop working, you have another problem to fix. Both circuits are independent from each other. They only share a ground. You need further troubleshooting. disconnect all 3 wires from the bucket and connect a test lamp to them. They should work. If they are connected wrong OR you have a bad contact in the bucket, you will get the symptoms you describe. You also nee a Eruo 1157 lamp. They have an elongated contact point, unlike the American (Chinese) lamp available at your FLAPS.

Click to view attachment

American style contacts
IPB Image

European style contacts
IPB Image
montoya 73 2.0
try one of these threads:

Wanna make your own Euro Turn Signal Set Up, My backyard set up

Euro Front Signal/City light conversion

Euro turn signal installation project, Adding some bling with euro lenses and Camp914's kit

Those are a few that I found while doing a search for the word euro.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.