Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Crash at Pikes Peak
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Pages: 1, 2
carr914
Was that Aaron from Gas Monkey's next to him?
Randal
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jul 4 2013, 09:57 AM) *

Was that Aaron from Gas Monkey's next to him?

Yup.
Maltese Falcon
Happy that the driver walked away.
Did you notice the R-front Fuchs wheel...although it is munched ,it is all there.
This would not be the same story with your basic Chinese knock-off cast aluminum copy. The Fuchs copies are sold by several big catalogue companies.
I wonder how many club tech staffers miss this important part of the inspection.
Marty
bulitt
QUOTE(Woody @ Jul 4 2013, 12:52 PM) *

"That's my chair, that's my chair" Yeah, yer a lucky dumbass.

He can sell it on Ebay, brown spot and all.
grantsfo
looks like I have joined the proud ranks of running out of talent crowd. LOL!

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

grantsfo
IPB Image

But my crash was relatively cheap to fix. $400 new roof going back on soon. Was palnning to do plexi windshield. With rood off cage build will go easier too. LOL!
brant
ouch ... I hope you didn't get injured
Woody
headbang.gif Damn it. Well at least its not that bad and you came out unscathed. I've been watching the build of this car and it's quite a neat project.
grantsfo
QUOTE(brant @ Aug 5 2013, 01:45 PM) *

ouch ... I hope you didn't get injured

Fortunately not a scratch. While car was not fully caged (just a 4 point rollbar I use all safety gear, restraints, good Harness etc. Car was getting way too fast not to be caged and it was going to be last event with just rollbar before I put full cage in. ....oooops had to just laugh. Now we are going crazy with aluminum floors, removing nonstructural metal, etc.

Car is being built into an enduro racer. It runs on e85 and will have a stroker 4.0 liter motor., flat bottom , etc.
bulitt
Glad you are ok! I rolled a Triumph Spitfire once. I guess if you dont push the limits you never find them.

That car has some strong roof pillars!
grantsfo
QUOTE(Woody @ Aug 5 2013, 02:44 PM) *

headbang.gif Damn it. Well at least its not that bad and you came out unscathed. I've been watching the build of this car and it's quite a neat project.

He he he its only just started. Next phase will be bonkers.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Woody
If its going in the direction of the boxster it should be pretty mean. Looks like you're going tube frame. I think y'all got confused, squishing the roof shouldn't require taking out the floor to fix. poke.gif
bulitt
OOPS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yq53IsrpOVc

Driver walked swam away unharmed.
whitetwinturbo
.........is it just me or do I kinda wish the red chair guy just stayed in the chair during the whole ordeal confused24.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.