Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CHT tin hole grommet
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Porschef
Noticed today that where I once thought was a seal/ grommet for the wire for the CHT lead, there ain't. I figure a lot of cooling air heading for the fins on #3 is takin' a detour right out the hole..

Any source/ replacements available???

Thanks.
ThePaintedMan
QUOTE(Porschef @ Jul 2 2013, 08:47 PM) *

Noticed today that where I once thought was a seal/ grommet for the wire for the CHT lead, there ain't. I figure a lot of cooling air heading for the fins on #3 is takin' a detour right out the hole..

Any source/ replacements available???

Thanks.

Search for "Blind hole grommet" on Ebay. I ordered a bunch from the UK awhile back in various sizes. You can cut a slit in it as needed.

Also works well for those who installed a dual pole oil pressure sender on a grease hose, which leaves a massive hole in the tin.
Porschef
Thanks George, I'll give that a shot
saigon71
If you are in a hurry, take a trip to your local Ace hardware store.

I was able to make one out of three different size grommets glued together - it turned out pretty good.

JamesM
021 119 569 A

When in doubt, search out our VW brothers

http://www.busdepot.com/021119569a

While you are there pick up 021119957 as well smile.gif it leaves an even bigger hole in the tin if you dont have it
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.