Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Subie conversion questions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mepstein
I'm interested in doing a conversion with both a subie engine and trans. What are the best donor cars to look at if I wanted a 6 cylinder engine and trans from the same car. Cable shifter if possible. Thanks, Mark
76-914
You want to go out of the USA then.AFAIK, all of the six's were automatics here.
BIGKAT_83
No subaru manual transaxle comes with a cable shifter.
The only six with a manual transaxle imported to the USA was the 2.7L 1988-1991 XT.
I don't think you would want that one!
Chris H.
Yeah you need a 3.3 six engine out of an SVX (all were automatic) or the newer 3.0 or 3.6 that come in Outbacks and other cars. Then find a WRX trans, ideally from a turbo year (5 speed, not 6). It will bolt right up, but you have to convert it from AWD to 2WD by removing the center diff and blocking the end off with a plate. Then as Bob is hinting at you have to make your own cable shifter linkage and use an Mr2 or 1990-1992 Honda Accord shifter. Do some searches and you'll narrow down what looks best for you.
Dr Evil
Screw that, go 3.6 EZ36. That is where we need to be going.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.