Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sorta on-topic: Henrob welding/cutting torch??
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
I've been wanting to do some aluminum welding and I don't want to deal with trying to do with the MIG welder I have since I've read that the results are less than satisfactory.....I'd love to have a TIG welder, but the cost is too much to justify....

so, has anyone used one of the Henrob torches??

Henrob 2000

Is it just marketing hype compared to a regular Oxyacetelyne setup??

In the latest Eastwood catalog, they have a picture of them welding up a type I head....all show or a viable method??
ChrisFoley
I saw a demo. Its a lot better than the old style oxy-actylene torches, and has some benefits over TIG like built in preheat, but Tig is still tops IMO.
welder.gif
scotty914
i just spent 30 mins watching their videos on line, i like the way it seems to work, i dont have any type of welder, cutter just a good old fashoned propane torch. if i only had 500 buck for it and tanks, i would get it
John Kelly
I've had a dillon/henrob for years...to be honest it is a little more fancy than what I need for gas welding steel. You might see a difference when welding aluminum sheet metal. The demos are amazing, but if you are just welding sheet metal, any good torch will do the job. The dillon is a little heavy for long use. Gas welding is the preferred method for aluminum car builders because the metal stays a little more soft and workable than with a tig. Welding heads...I don't know about that.....

John www.ghiaspecialties.com
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.