Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: East Coast Cookout 2013
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
crash914
I thought it was last weekend???? time for a vacation

stephenaki
Dang! sad.gif I have a birthday party for my newly minted 8 year old on this date. Her birthday was today but her party is this weekend. Maybe a Fruehlings Fest in April? idea.gif
type47
QUOTE(stephenaki @ Oct 8 2013, 02:25 PM) *

... but her party is this weekend.

That's the kind of birthday party I want, one that lasts all weekend! biggrin.gif On the other hand, the ECC will probably be going on after the party's over ... you could still stop by... (oh ... it would be a long drive from Chesapeake...). Reserve the Hershey Swap Meet weekend in Apr for the Mid-Engined Invasion
scotty b
QUOTE(stephenaki @ Oct 8 2013, 02:25 PM) *

Dang! sad.gif I have a birthday party for my newly minted 8 year old on this date. Her birthday was today but her party is this weekend. Maybe a Fruehlings Fest in April? idea.gif

I've been considering a spring event at my place if someone wants to take over the ECC permanently. poke.gif
smdubovsky
Im going to make it.
JmuRiz
Excellent smile.gif
Hopefully the funky rainy pattern we're in lifts. I'll be there even if it doesn't, with my wife or brother in tow.
Cupomeat
QUOTE(crash914 @ Oct 8 2013, 05:53 PM) *

Yup Last weekend, I said good bye to the wife and kids, ran off to band practice then left early and headed out to Sterling. Took me a while to find the place as the turn onto the road it is on does not seem to have a sign on it and after finding the building, I noticed that I could not find anyone there... *sinking feeling setting in*...

...Pulled the poster out and noticed the date...

...Ugh, Eric Dumb... *grunt*
headbang.gif

Hope to see you all there on Saturday.
root
QUOTE(Cupomeat @ Oct 10 2013, 02:02 PM) *

QUOTE(crash914 @ Oct 8 2013, 05:53 PM) *

Yup Last weekend, I said good bye to the wife and kids, ran off to band practice then left early and headed out to Sterling. Took me a while to find the place as the turn onto the road it is on does not seem to have a sign on it and after finding the building, I noticed that I could not find anyone there... *sinking feeling setting in*...

...Pulled the poster out and noticed the date...

...Ugh, Eric Dumb... *grunt*
headbang.gif

Hope to see you all there on Saturday.

YUP! we'll be here early 'till late..... on Saturday the 12th biggrin.gif
type47
QUOTE(Cupomeat @ Oct 10 2013, 01:02 PM) *

... ran off to band practice ...

care to share your musical interests?

... oh, and icon_bump.gif
JoeSharp
driving.gif chowtime.gif
Cupomeat
QUOTE(type47 @ Oct 10 2013, 06:11 PM) *

QUOTE(Cupomeat @ Oct 10 2013, 01:02 PM) *

... ran off to band practice ...

care to share your musical interests?

... oh, and icon_bump.gif

I joined this band (Dedline) and we are working on the new songs for the next album. I play bass and sing and the style is pretty much straight forward Rock. The only real website for it is http://www.reverbnation.com/dedline.
icon_bump.gif for the picnic!
saigon71
I'm in the market for a seat like this one. I've been driving the car with a broken seat for about a month and it's starting to mess with my back. Epstein thinks he has one but won't be able to get it till the end of the month. Anybody attending the ECC have one they would sell me? Thanks.

Click to view attachment

VaccaRabite
QUOTE(saigon71 @ Oct 11 2013, 08:16 AM) *

I'm in the market for a seat like this one. I've been driving the car with a broken seat for about a month and it's starting to mess with my back. Epstein thinks he has one but won't be able to get it till the end of the month. Anybody attending the ECC have one they would sell me? Thanks.

Click to view attachment

I may have one bob. Let me look and see.
Zach
type47
Don't let the weather keep you home, lotta good stuff goin' on ... beer3.gif chowtime.gif smash.gif welder.gif sawzall-smiley.gif grouphug.gif
jimkelly
what is broken about your seat?
I think they are the same pass/driver except for the rail bolted to them?
which I assume can be flipped?
I believe the handle is supposed to by in the center of the car for each, next to the center tunnel?
I assume you need a black seat?
i'd like to come, not sure still.
914itis
I will not be at the ECC but I may have a good seat for you. PM me if you want to make arrangements to get it.
saigon71
QUOTE(jimkelly @ Oct 11 2013, 09:12 PM) *

what is broken about your seat?
I think they are the same pass/driver except for the rail bolted to them?
which I assume can be flipped?
I believe the handle is supposed to by in the center of the car for each, next to the center tunnel?
I assume you need a black seat?
i'd like to come, not sure still.

The seat itself is broken...I guess the fiberglass? that is the main structure. It feels like its where the horizontal and vertical sections meet on the left side, near the bolster.

Yes, need a black seat, basket weave design.

I don't think they can be flipped because of the up/down adjustment on the outside.
type47
QUOTE(saigon71 @ Oct 12 2013, 04:17 AM) *

I don't think they can be flipped because of the up/down adjustment on the outside.

I thought the up-down adjustment was not integral to the seat but connected to the part of the seat rails/sliders that are hindged to the floor... (as shown in jimkelly's picture above)
jimkelly
the up down is definitely integral to the seat rail assy.

seems the rails attached to the seat could be flipped.

8 allen heads screws.
type47
QUOTE(jimkelly @ Oct 12 2013, 04:40 AM) *

seems the rails attached to the seat could be flipped.

Bet that's not necessary, just slide the seat on the rails no matter which side...

ERROR ALERT! biggrin.gif

you do have to flip the rails because of that little nub that catches the spring on the rail on the seat that keeps the seat from sliding completely off so either flip the rails on the seat or flip the rails on the floor
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
jimkelly
we'll still - metaphorically - on jack stands - but I am in route for some free food and drinks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iVB2-7rW8g
root
QUOTE(jimkelly @ Oct 12 2013, 06:17 AM) *

we'll still - metaphorically - on jack stands - but I am in route for some free food and drinks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iVB2-7rW8g

GOOD It's lonely here at 2013 ECC, just me and beer3.gif
root
Click to view attachment
beer3.gif
bob
runnin late~ I'm on the way... unfortunately, no 914... it's raining so hard here, the sixer would float away!

-bob
crash914
on my way...
saigon71
Kick ass day at Rod's shop...thanks for hosting the ECC! Great to see some familiar faces and meet some new people. Your new shop is awesome. beerchug.gif

The drive down crossing the Potomac:

Click to view attachment

Jim tested out his CIS fuel injection out of a VW GTI...it fired up and sounded good! For what he has invested in parts, it could be a viable FI solution.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Zach brought his engine down with his FI components to get some work done:

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Teeners:

Click to view attachment

The grill and Chef Ramsey biggrin.gif :

Click to view attachment

The bikes:

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
type47
Thanks root! I'll start off with a pic of the only teener to drive (more than 10 miles) to the ECC. Saigon71:
Click to view attachment
wrightee:
Click to view attachment
saigon71 and Vacca Rabite
Click to view attachment
jmuRiz and smdubovsky
Click to view attachment
bob
sawzall-smiley.gif a little camera shy but in saigons71's photos above
jimkelly is in saigons71's pix above also and was behind the camera instead of in front of it, thanks for the video
CupoMeat came after the cameras
jimkelly
a few more pics and a video of jim's cis 2.0 running

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRLyDnp7G_0
JoeSharp
Nece gathering. Kool Bike.
VaccaRabite
Click to view attachment
Theo and I and my mostly completed engine!
VaccaRabite
Click to view attachment
He had a great time!
VaccaRabite
Click to view attachment
Must have done 20 laps around Rods shop. He was talking about the forklift all the way home.
VaccaRabite
On the less fun side... I felt great at the party. By the time I got home I was feverish, and by 10pm I was puking and kept it up till 2am. Still can't hold down food now. So if anyone gets a stomach bug this week...
1) sorry about that.
2) that will teach you to drink from my cup!
root
biggrin.gif great day for sure!
root
more...
root
more...
root
Fun for all!
root
Thanks Susan for putting up with me during this build.
Great friend Jim Kelly (he owns the carburation for this build).
Click to view attachment
Exbike, daughter-in-law and (my grandson, Vincent) biggrin.gif
Click to view attachment
root
Thanks to all who attended.
914 People are the best! biggrin.gif
VaccaRabite
IPB Image
Another picture of the T4 bike!

Zach
JmuRiz
Had a good time seeing the amazing shop, seeing people I haven't seen in a while and meeting some new people.

Good food and beer was a nice bonus.
zymurgist
Sorry I missed the festivities. The T4 bike is looking great!
Cupomeat
Sorry it has taken me so long to get these posted.
Click to view attachment
Good People
Click to view attachment
Some detail in the T4 bike
Click to view attachment
more + bokeh
Click to view attachment
That wheelbase is longer than my 911
Click to view attachment
Zac's project
Click to view attachment
The big (yet small) squisher
Click to view attachment
The mind reels with possibilities
Dr Evil
Man, I wish I lived near Rod.
Cupomeat
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Nov 11 2013, 10:26 AM) *

Man, I wish I lived near Rod.

Last time I checked, they need doctors down in NoVA as well...

Come on down!
zymurgist
Just my opinion.... but anyone who would move from western PA to the D.C. area should have a check up from the neck up. wink.gif
Cupomeat
QUOTE(zymurgist @ Nov 11 2013, 04:24 PM) *

Just my opinion.... but anyone who would move from western PA to the D.C. area should have a check up from the neck up. wink.gif

I can't argue with you as I've never lived in western PA, but I know a whole lot of people who have moved here from there and are glad they did.

But, I am a different sort who loved living in NYC and thrives in metropolitan areas.
Dr Evil
I do not love western PA. South Central is where we will head in the future. Not for a few, though.
zymurgist
QUOTE(Cupomeat @ Nov 11 2013, 07:27 PM) *

QUOTE(zymurgist @ Nov 11 2013, 04:24 PM) *

I can't argue with you as I've never lived in western PA, but I know a whole lot of people who have moved here from there and are glad they did.

But, I am a different sort who loved living in NYC and thrives in metropolitan areas.

It's all good, it just depends on what you like. I live far enough outside the crazy DC zone to keep my own sanity. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.