Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Does anyone have a copy of the weltmeister front sway bar instructions?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Scott S
Hi All -
My weltmeister front bar needs new bushings (which I have in hand). Being that I didn't install it and have no experience with this bar, I was hoping to get some sort of schematic on how things go together before I pull off the retaining plate in the wheel well.

Anyone have a set of instructions? I looked on line and could not find anything. I even email Wayne at PP to see if he had anything he could provide.

Being that the bushings are linear and have no lip, I am not sure how they are held into the retaining plate.

Thanks very much -
Scott S
stugray
I actually think I DO have the hardcopy instructions with the paperwork from the PO.

I'll try to remember to check tonight when I get home.

STu
Steve
I will also look tonight.
Scott S
Thanks SO much to you both...
r_towle
QUOTE(Scott S @ Jul 8 2013, 03:32 PM) *

Being that the bushings are linear and have no lip, I am not sure how they are held into the retaining plate.

Thanks very much -
Scott S

They are held in by magic.

I ended up buying two shaft collars to keep the bushings in place.
Added benefit was the bar now stays centered.

Rich
Scott S
Hi Rich -
Where did you source those?

The whole reason for replacing my bushings is to try and eliminate (reduce) a side to side clunk I get once in a while!
BIGKAT_83
QUOTE(Scott S @ Jul 8 2013, 05:50 PM) *

Hi Rich -
Where did you source those?

The whole reason for replacing my bushings is to try and eliminate (reduce) a side to side clunk I get once in a while!

Try theseMcMaster Carr

Bob
stugray
It doesnt really show what you are interested in.

IPB Image

There was only the one page.
(rear has more than one page)

If you want some pics, I can get some tomorrow.
I dont have a gas tank in the way, so you can see both sides.

I would also be interested in that collar part #.

Stu
stugray
Coincidentally, Here's some good pics in the FS forum (not mine):

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=214128

IPB Image

Stu
r_towle
Summit racing or McMaster Carr have the clamps.
r_towle
QUOTE(stugray @ Jul 9 2013, 01:43 AM) *

It doesnt really show what you are interested in.

IPB Image

There was only the one page.
(rear has more than one page)

If you want some pics, I can get some tomorrow.
I dont have a gas tank in the way, so you can see both sides.

I would also be interested in that collar part #.

Stu

It does not show it because its MAGIC...
They cannot reveal the secrets....

Seriously, use the shaft collars and forget about the side to side clunk....forever.
I also put a split piece of garden hose on the bar from side to side under the tank because I found that the bar would flutter at low speed and tap the tank....which get amplified and sounded like the car was having big problems.

I think Sir Andy and I chased this same noise for a while and while we may have different bars, I recall we ended up with a similar solution.

Rich
Scott S
Thanks a ton everyone.

I am off to order some parts - and rape a couple of feet from the garden hose (my neighbor is out of town - he will never notice!)

beerchug.gif
Retread
If you follow those instructions the U-Bolts will eventually tear out the inner fender wall. Look at Elephant Racing's web site. read their PDF instructions for Front ARB installation. Elephant sells a pair of plates that properly back up the inside of the fender wall. Even with that plate, large tire fitment will strain the inner fender wall.

The split collar shown; Proper size collar on the steering rack shafts can be used to limit full lock steering travel to eliminate tire rub on the inner fender on full lock.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.