Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Reupholstering in leather..914 seats
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
speed metal army
Just like the tile says!Is there a textured or perforated leather that kinda looks like the basketweave? I searched for some examples,found a few seats done in leather,but looking for more. The vinyl is pissing me off.
TIA
GeorgeRud
I am also not a big fan of the vinyl, but is leather really any better? I had Autos International make up a seat recovering kit with the corduroy inserts on the seating surface. It was available as stock, and is certainly a lot cooler to sit on than the vinyl.

However, it's your car, so finish it the way that makes you happy!
r_towle
Autos international or world uphholstrey.
speed metal army
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Jul 21 2013, 08:31 PM) *

I am also not a big fan of the vinyl, but is leather really any better? I had Autos International make up a seat recovering kit with the corduroy inserts on the seating surface. It was available as stock, and is certainly a lot cooler to sit on than the vinyl.

However, it's your car, so finish it the way that makes you happy!

Its not the heat,its the crap that collects in the little voids..But its really how old and easily cracked it is.
iamchappy
I had mine done in leather, cant beat the feel and the smell of a leather interior...

speed metal army
QUOTE(iamchappy @ Jul 21 2013, 09:03 PM) *

I had mine done in leather, cant beat the feel and the smell of a leather interior...

I think I need that... blink.gif
Nice job!I agree, the feel and the smell....
johannes
Plaid ?

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=187750

IPB Image
monkeyboy
When I had my seats done, I had them press the basketweave into the leather. Now I have the stock patterns on new leather seats.
JmuRiz
Very nice!

If you want you can also buy woven leather like they use at Singer...my wife is an interior designer and says it's actually easy to get.
IronHillRestorations
In '95 I had Original Fit Interiors do a full leather job, with custom door pockets they make, and it turned out really nice. It was all smooth leather though, and I had to threaten legal action to get them to complete the job.
speed metal army
QUOTE(monkeyboy @ Jul 22 2013, 01:11 PM) *

When I had my seats done, I had them press the basketweave into the leather. Now I have the stock patterns on new leather seats.

Pics of that please!
carr914
Did these a long time ago - all leather

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

speed metal army
QUOTE(carr914 @ Jul 22 2013, 08:03 PM) *

Did these a long time ago - all leather

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Perforated?Looks good.
monkeyboy
QUOTE(speed metal army @ Jul 22 2013, 06:30 PM) *

QUOTE(monkeyboy @ Jul 22 2013, 01:11 PM) *

Pics of that please!

Its the only picture I have online...

Seats
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.