Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS Chalon Fiberglass Kit -Like new
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Pages: 1, 2
914Gamer
ANOTHER CHANGE- It's still sitting in my garage. $400! Don't make me use these as garden planters!

UPDATE--- Well this hasn't had much activity for a while. I'd really like to be done with it. How does $500OBO sound?

Excellent condition except the Porsche branded reflector panel is cracked.

If you are interested, you probably already know what it is, but the Chalon Kit was a set of fiberglass fenders and bumpers made by Mitcom, that made a 914 look a little more “Porsche-like” than the original 914. Here is a link to a picture of a nice one.

Includes:
Front and Rear fiberglass bumpers (with Mitcom provided steel mounting brackets)
Front and rear spacer panels above bumpers
Front and rear fenders
Porsche branded reflector panel (broken on one end, but all pieces are present)
All templates (42x72” paper templates to guide cutting stock fenders)
Turn signal and side marker lights
Cable trunk release kit
Instruction booklet, serial number plate and owners certificate

I've had it stored since 1984 when it was new. It's time to get it somewhere where it will get used. I need to give up on the idea that I will ever get this done.

Price: $700 OBO. I live in Indianapolis, IN. Local pickup is strongly encouraged, almost to the point of mandatory. I'm not an expert at shipping big stuff like this, and it will need to be worth my while to work through all the necessary hoops.

I still have the car which is basically completely taken apart, except the original engine and transmission are still in one piece (and ran, albeit poorly, when removed). They will also be for sale soon.

Thanks for looking,

Dave

Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment
Click to view attachment
ericoneal
You want to sell me that reflector cheap?
914Gamer
QUOTE(ericoneal @ Jul 28 2013, 10:41 AM) *

You want to sell me that reflector cheap?

Thanks, but for the moment, no. Given that I have everything for the kit, all the way down to the sticker Mitcom used to change their address on the owners card, I don't want to break it up. I'm also interested in getting the square footage as much as the money. So selling one small part doesn't help much. I'd suggest checking back in a few days and asking the person who buys it. ('Cuz, of course it will sell that quickly. smile.gif )

Dave
racerbvd
If you were closer to FL I would be trying to trade for that..
914Gamer
Now the car for which these parts were destined is up for sale too.
F/S 1970 1.7L 914 "roller" with driveline
Buy them together and save a bunch of time hauling them!
Garold, I know you can see this and want all this stuff! I bet you could get here, pick it up and get home in under 6 hours. smile.gif

Dave

barefoot
QUOTE(914Gamer @ Jul 27 2013, 05:45 PM) *

If you are interested, you probably already know what it is, but the Chalon Kit was a set of fiberglass fenders and bumpers made by Mitcom, that made a 914 look a little more “Porsche-like” than the original 914. Here is a link to a picture of a nice one.

Includes:
Front and Rear fiberglass bumpers (with Mitcom provided steel mounting brackets)
Front and rear fenders
Cable trunk release kit

I've had it stored since 1984 when it was new. It's time to get it somewhere where it will get used. I need to give up on the idea that I will ever get this done.

Price: $700 OBO. I live in Indianapolis, IN. Local pickup is strongly encouraged, almost to the point of mandatory. I'm not an expert at shipping big stuff like this, and it will need to be worth my while to work through all the necessary hoops.

I still have the car which is basically completely taken apart, except the original engine and transmission are still in one piece (and ran, albeit poorly, when removed). They will also be for sale soon.

Thanks for looking,

Dave

Heres a slightly different version:
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(914Gamer @ Jul 30 2013, 10:16 PM) *

Now the car for which these parts were destined is up for sale too.
F/S 1970 1.7L 914 "roller" with driveline
Buy them together and save a bunch of time hauling them!
Garold, I know you can see this and want all this stuff! I bet you could get here, pick it up and get home in under 6 hours. smile.gif

Dave

Trust me I have thought about it, but I am out of room as I have 5 , yes 5, of these cars plus 1 more I am storing for a friend so I am out of space. mad.gif Good luck with the sale. beerchug.gif
914Gamer
Bump for a new price
914forme
QUOTE(914Gamer @ Aug 28 2013, 10:39 PM) *

Bump for a new price

PM sent
914Gamer
Bump for an new price
racerbvd
If only you were close enough to make a trade....... Any trips planned to FL?
914Gamer
Hi Byron,

No, I'm afraid I'm not headed any closer than I am now. Even if I were, I don't really have a way to carry it other than renting a truck.

Sorry.

Dave

QUOTE(racerbvd @ Oct 9 2013, 12:28 PM) *

If only you were close enough to make a trade....... Any trips planned to FL?

2Words
QUOTE(914Gamer @ Jul 27 2013, 04:45 PM) *

ANOTHER CHANGE- It's still sitting in my garage. $400! Don't make me use these as garden planters!

UPDATE--- Well this hasn't had much activity for a while. I'd really like to be done with it. How does $500OBO sound?

Includes:
Front and rear fenders
Cable trunk release kit

Thanks for looking,

Dave

Click to view attachment

Is the Chalon pieces still available? Do you have everything in the kit?
racerbvd
QUOTE(2Words @ Dec 31 2013, 07:58 AM) *

QUOTE(914Gamer @ Jul 27 2013, 04:45 PM) *

Includes:
Front and rear fenders
Cable trunk release kit

Thanks for looking,

Dave

Click to view attachment

You going to the rolex?? I had one in the past kind of miss it

Click to view attachment
2Words
914gamer
Do you still have the Chalon kit for sale? and anything else to do this porject.
thanks
ric birks
Is it missing the rear bumper? confused24.gif
jboys914
Is this kit still available
Inkspot
If anybody is still looking for this kit (Chalon-II) in the San Francisco/San Jose/Monterey Bay area, I still have mine in their original 3 large cartons. I purchased it October 2006, and it has been sitting in my garage for the past 12-years. Still have original receipt when purchased by a Nevada Body Shop from Tweeks, Long Beach, CA, March 1996 for $2,369! Realize I'm way too old, and don't have the time to put this kit on any more. No pictures of the parts yet, as I need to clear a path in my garage to get to it, unpack it, and take the photos. If serious, I can unpack and take photos.
racerbvd
I also have a complete kit
racerbvd
Inkspot
QUOTE(racerbvd @ Apr 28 2018, 10:30 PM) *

I guess there's no longer the attraction or market for these kits. How long have you had yours? And as said at the beginning of this post, is it time to turn these parts into garden planters???
KOUB
QUOTE(racerbvd @ Apr 28 2018, 09:30 PM) *

Do you would willing to sell front bumper only?

THanks

KOUB
no1uno
If Byron doesn't want to sell front bumper from his kit, I have one that may work for you.
David.laRuse
I will give you $250.00 and pick up in Indiana in 2 weeks. David.
burton73
Its worth 400 for wall art!

Bob B
David.laRuse
What is your lowest cash price? David.
Superhawk996
laugh.gif

Man I wanted one of these so bad in about late 80's or maybe early 90's. Now I just like the factory stock or GT look. Oh how times change.

It sure would be fun to find a ratted body to put one of these on. Hard to believe these haven't moved at this price. Borderline insanity. I'd be on it if it wasn't a drive to Indy and if I had a place to store the parts.
Steve
You would think someone with a Chalon would pick it up for spare parts.
AZBanks
My oldest son and I are working on turning this:

Click to view attachment

It was/is a solid car with four trashed fenders. It had pounds of bondo all over the fenders.

Into something like this:

Click to view attachment

Ours will be Mexico or Rivera Blue.

I would pick this kit up is it were closer to AZ.
Rand
Funny all the comments. The simple truth: It was a very narrow time and nobody wants it now. Especially when our cars are increasing in value if they look more original. The cheesy body junk devalues them hard.
dyckster
QUOTE(AZBanks @ Dec 16 2019, 02:32 PM) *

My oldest son and I are working on turning this:

Click to view attachment

It was/is a solid car with four trashed fenders. It had pounds of bondo all over the fenders.

Into something like this:

Click to view attachment

Ours will be Mexico or Rivera Blue.

I would pick this kit up is it were closer to AZ.

That looks like a perfect candidate for that kit. Just do it!
David.laRuse
QUOTE(David.laRuse @ Dec 5 2019, 11:03 AM) *

I will give you $250.00 and pick up in Indiana in 2 weeks. David.

I will give you $250.00 in cash and pick up in 2 weeks. If your answer is no, thats OK, I need to know in a reasonable time/1 week. David.
AZBanks
I have never figured out how this is cool/desirable:

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

and this is "cheesy body junk":

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Now, I get it that a lot or even most Chalon kits were not well executed and most of them look like crap because they have wheels and tires that are way too small for the fender openings but that is just poor execution, it is not poor design or poor looks for the kit.

I realize that I am not going to change the minds of the hard core haters but the haters are not going to diminish my admiration for a well done Chalon.
sixnotfour
@Rand thats Mike Couch's Chalon, with a repaint..
@ DanRoots ..Buddy
Superhawk996
OMG. . . . somebody just but this thing. What a steal!
djway
Aprox shipping to CA???
poorsche914
Last Active 15th March 2014 - 10:30 PM
Subsix
QUOTE(Inkspot @ Apr 29 2018, 09:35 PM) *

I guess there's no longer the attraction or market for these kits. How long have you had yours? And as said at the beginning of this post, is it time to turn these parts into garden planters???

By any chance that it’s still available.
racerbvd
Sorry guys, I wasn't getting notifications.
Don't want to break the kit up.

QUOTE(Subsix @ Mar 22 2020, 11:14 PM) *

Yes sir, located in Jacksonville, Florida.
Subsix
QUOTE(racerbvd @ Mar 23 2020, 07:58 AM) *

What is ur asking price and would u have any idea as to what will it cost to ship in La Ca.
racerbvd
QUOTE(Subsix @ Mar 25 2020, 10:45 PM) *

QUOTE(racerbvd @ Mar 23 2020, 07:58 AM) *

What is ur asking price and would u have any idea as to what will it cost to ship in La Ca.

I know that shipping will be crazy high, since I'm in Florida. first I have to find boxes. Remember the add is 6 years old.
And I still did not get notifications that anyone responded when responses came through. Best to contact me at me911bvd@comcast.net.
Cheers,
Jetrey67

Hello,
I built a chalon 914 in the 80’s and have a friend looking for a kit any info of one still available would be great! Thanks
racerbvd
QUOTE(Jetrey67 @ Apr 11 2020, 09:04 PM) *

Hello,
I built a chalon 914 in the 80’s and have a friend looking for a kit any info of one still available would be great! Thanks

carl k
@Jetrey67

Is your friend looking for an unbuilt kit, or a Chalon-converted 914? I have a daily driver Chalon I'm looking to sell soon in San Jose, CA.

-Carl
Jetrey67
QUOTE(carl k @ Apr 12 2020, 12:03 PM) *

@Jetrey67

Is your friend looking for an unbuilt kit, or a Chalon-converted 914? I have a daily driver Chalon I'm looking to sell soon in San Jose, CA.

-Carl

He has (2) 914 bodies and wanted kit, he also has a driver, stock body with chevy engine. But I will let him know, he is near modesto.
Jetrey67
[quote name='Jetrey67' date='Apr 12 2020, 07:40 PM' post='2803662']
[quote name='carl k' post='2803541' date='Apr 12 2020, 12:03 PM']
@Jetrey67

-Carl
[/quote]
He has (2) 914 bodies and wanted kit, he also has a driver, stock body with chevy engine. But I will let him know, he is near modesto.
Do you have pics, year and such?
carl k
deleted
David.laRuse
QUOTE(carl k @ Apr 12 2020, 06:20 PM) *

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

1975, with 1.8L (Webers), California car so no rust. CA blue plates. Lots of parts replaced to make it safe for my son to drive to high school. Please have him message me so we don't hijack the thread.

thanks,
Carl

What is the new Price? David
David.laRuse
What is the lowest cash price you will accept? David
David.laRuse
Are the Chalon parts still available? Price? David
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.