Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cool 914 adventure this weekend
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ninefourteener
Ok..... so my girlfriend and I are driving home from doing some Christmas shopping at the mall Saturday afternoon. It was a gorgeous day, worthy of a cruise (with the top on of course). We're in a 2-lane wide left turn, with me being on the inside lane. As the light turned green, some hillbilly redneck in a big Ford F-150 in the other half of the turn lane, whom I previously didn't even notice, smokes his tires all the way through the turn, while staring at me.... grinning. What a jerk.

Feeling a bit disappointed that he felt it necessary to race me, without even telling me (revving his engine), I followed closely behind him.

I looked at my girlfriend and asked...... "Do you mind?"

She responded "Go ahead baby" beerchug.gif

I dropped from 5th down to 3rd, pulled in the left lane to let him know that I was ready..... then blew right by him and his poor little (or big.. I dunno) Ford motor couldn't keep up.

After leaving 4 or 5 car lengths between him and I, now doing around 95 mph, I began to pull back in the right lane (in front of him).......... at the same time..... I saw the flashing red and blue lights...... WAAAAAY back there.

Well shit..... what the penalty for doing 95 in a 45??? As I sit there, prepared to pull into the emergency lane and recieve the speeding ticket from hell.... or even worse, get arrested and rely on my girlfriend to drive the teener home (she can't drive a stick)........ Then I realized...... the cop pulled the Ford Truck over, and not me.

smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif

As I speed off, absolutely terrified so much that my butthole is sucked up into my spleen somewhere.... To avoid the cop getting on the radio to have one of his buddies snatch me up...... we scoot off through a local college campus, and exit out the back entrance.... and take the untravelled back roads all the way home.

It was a good day aktion035.gif
aircooledboy
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif beerchug.gif

Nah, they won't arrest ya. They would be so dumbfounded that you beat anything in that VW of yours that the cop would just walk away scratching his head, unable to speak. w00t.gif

You play nice with the other kids now, or somebody is gonna get hurt. monkeydance.gif chairfall.gif
Rhodes71/914
As I speed off, absolutely terrified so much that my butthole is sucked up into my spleen somewhere.... To avoid the cop getting on the radio to have one of his buddies snatch me up...... we scoot off through a local college campus, and exit out the back entrance.... and take the untravelled back roads all the way home.

BTDT mostly in my college days on my Honda Nighthawk S 750, man I should have never sold that bike.

Feels good to get away with something like that.

Bet the guy in the Ford was saying "but officer did you see that Porsche pass me doing a 100?"

Cop says "I didn't see a Porsche, now give me your license and registration"
ninefourteener
Why do you think I put the gigantic Porsche side stripes on the car? I got sick of people asking me what the hell kind of car it was--LOL

Ok..... so maybe it wasn't a new 350Z that I blew the crap out of..... So what??..... I'm still pretty damn proud of my little teener rolleyes.gif
anthony
I hardly ever get people trying to race me in the 914 but in the 911 every yahoo in the world wants to race me. I just let them blow by me and think they've done something special. I know what my cars can do and I don't need to prove it to them.

I'm glad to see the yahoo in the truck got the ticket this time.
scooter311
smilie_pokal.gif

And you still got d*mn good mileage too.....

Man what is it with these yay-hoos and Ford trucks?
ninefourteener
QUOTE(scooter311 @ Dec 6 2004, 11:56 AM)

Man what is it with these yay-hoos and Ford trucks?

Well day-yum.... Don' yew know that???

Cuz therr daddy drove a Ford.... therr Gran-Pappy drove a Ford, and they look cool when you put bigg-umm tires up unner-neath 'em.

Yup, an yew gots plenny a room fer yer cowboy hat, yer gun rack, yer sister/wife, and the 12-point buck you jus' slaughtered tryin to get into yer lil' brothers lima-bean garden.

beerchug.gif
Pnambic
I remember reading recently of a guy in England ( I think) that got his ticket throw out when he was able to prove that his car couldn't possibly drive as fast as the officer indicated. I think he got the ticket for what translated to 145mph and it was like an ordinary sedan or something.

My memory is foggy....getting old.... wacko.gif

I can see you in front of the judge....Your honor? When was the last time you saw a 30 yr old VW going 100mph? wink.gif
nebreitling
i think it's funny that we're talking about out-running a pickup truck.

hopefully with the new engine, i can beat those pesky minivans off the line. damn they're fast!
scotty914
one of the guys who works at the west marine shop near me had an original six, which he sold and after talking to me is not happy about it. he got a ticket on rt 95 driving the car to the new owner, he had to have one last spin and got caught doing 120 mph. when he went to court the judge heard the cop say 914 and the judge replied " i had one of those in collage, and theres not way it was doing 115 mph" and dismissed the case saying the cops radar had to be malfuntioning.

so some where in maryland 15 years ago some body bought an origanl six... if i could only find it now

btw he sold it for 2 k
jwalters
smilie_pokal.gif This si too cool--now I really cannot wait to get my hot motor completed---sure now it is slow in a straight line-but give me twisties, and I can keep it nailed to redline all the way through--------hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif
Brando
QUOTE(scott thacher @ Dec 6 2004, 05:36 PM)
one of the guys who works at the west marine shop near me had an original six, which he sold and after talking to me is not happy about it. he got a ticket on rt 95 driving the car to the new owner, he had to have one last spin and got caught doing 120 mph. when he went to court the judge heard the cop say 914 and the judge replied " i had one of those in collage, and theres not way it was doing 115 mph" and dismissed the case saying the cops radar had to be malfuntioning.

so some where in maryland 15 years ago some body bought an origanl six... if i could only find it now

btw he sold it for 2 k

Haha! that's classic! chairfall.gif chairfall.gif chairfall.gif
markb
QUOTE(anthony @ Dec 6 2004, 11:44 AM)
I hardly ever get people trying to race me in the 914 but in the 911 every yahoo in the world wants to race me. I just let them blow by me and think they've done something special.

I have the same problem. More than once I've had kids in a ricer watch me pass them & then they've just gotta try & race me. I just pull into the slow lane & do around the speed limit. I'm not gonna be the guy they're trying to impress when they lose control & hit something. I may take risks when it's me, but I'm not gonna risk pushing somebody else into driving past their abilities.
chikenfajita
right on!!
driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.