Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FI System Testing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mblizzard
I have a complete 2.0 Djet FI system that I got in running condition. There are some number ways to do operational tests (works yes or no) of certain components like the injectors. Of course the various manuals give detailed instructions. Because I am likely putting this on the shelf for sometime so I was just wanting to see roughly what works and what does not before I store it. Other than sending it out, I know of no way of testing the brain box other than putting it in another car.

Thoughts on testing and storage conditions for the components?
76-914
Couple of guys here have that tester (maybe Jeff Bosley or Dave Darling???) but that (the ECU) would be the last piece I would concern myself with. They're pretty much bullet proof in the storage mode. The Injectors and AAR are probably more at risk from storage than the other FI parts. My 2 cents. beerchug.gif
Dave_Darling
Jeff's last name is Bowlsby, BTW.

McMark now has the tester that I had.

Unless you have a pretty sophisticated test rig, there's not much of a way to test an ECU without a car, or at least a bunch of other EFI parts.

Tests for some of the parts can be found in Brad Anders' D-jet bible website: http://members.rennlist.com/pbanders .

--DD
r_towle
I have two Bosch testers, I would be willing to sell them if interested.
JeffBowlsby
The EFI Associates testers that I acquired from the Cap'n will test the ECUs, but the car has to be part of the set-up. It has circuitry that emulates the ECUs, for both the D-Jet and L-Jet cars. You would ned to be local to me.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.