Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Web-Cam
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Hammer920
I am checking on prices to get we-cam shaft and gear, my question is I have a -3 gear all I have found is -0- , if I go this route does the crank shaft timeing gear have to be replaced also. going back stock for FI will also order the web cam lifters. need good resorce to purchase these Pelican out of stock on -3 gears or does this matter. Everyting now cleanned up on the block crankshaft miked and polished is in good shape. Now the process of putting back togeather as per Jakes video. biggrin.gif

Hammer

PS: working late shift will ck early mornings.
Jake Raby
The +/- days are pretty much gone... meaning that since many gears have worn a tad anyway and the cams are no longer " factory" that the days of matching things up totally are history.

For 90% of cases the _0_ gear works fine, and gives proper msh and backlash.
Demick
Call webcam. I believe that although they list the gear as a -0-, it is really a -3, and they will tell you that on the phone. It is the only size they make anymore.

Demick
Hammer920
Thanks for all the information, that really helps biggrin.gif
newdeal2
I got my cam from Jake and the gear from Webcam [ -3], Jake modified it for the Type 1 oil pump. Works great.
Hammer920
gonna call web cam Friday or either call air cooled for both.... the oil baffels that are or were in it jake stated was not needed in an earlier posting, what do I need to get to modify that? HEhehe..... smile.gif I have got a real good christmas list....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.