Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oil filler Djet vs Ljet
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jmargush
Can the oil filler from the D jet system be used with an L jet system as long as i run the vacuum hose to the intake elbow like it is on the l jet?
davesprinkle
My vote is yes. Although I've never done it. This port is just the crankcase vapor line. It should work either way.
914itis
It will work but I don't think that came from a 1.8. AFAIK 1.8 don't have a breather port.
r_towle
Not sure if the djet oil filler has the extra oring that is required to ensure you have no vacuum leak from the cap.
McMark
The cap vent (labelled L-Jet in your pic) has a spring loaded check valve in it. The piece labelled D-Jet doesn't have that valve. I've seen that 'D-Jet' unit before plenty of times, but I'm actually not 100% sure what it came from. The early (70-74) units have a simple hole in the steel portion which has a plastic PCV valve mounted to it. This is the setup that most D-Jet users have in their cars.
hcdmueller
That is the late 75-76 D-jet oil filler. No PCV. I have one on my car. It has a hose that runs to the airbox above the air filter. It could probably be made to work with the L-jet depending on how you hooked everything up.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.