Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: It Will Never Look Like This Again
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mblizzard
Well it has been a long road to get to this picture. It looks good but I hope it runs better!

Click to view attachment

I have to thank Mark at Original Customs for getting me an engine that just needed a little polishing.

Click to view attachment

Tomorrow is install day and hopefully that will lead to driving at some point.
McMark
boldblue.gif
worn
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Aug 9 2013, 02:17 PM) *

Well it has been a long road to get to this picture. It looks good but I hope it runs better!

I have to thank Mark at Original Customs for getting me an engine that just needed a little polishing.

Tomorrow is install day and hopefully that will lead to driving at some point.

Very nice!!! What does the bracket do? Replace battery tray? Or supercharger goes there. smilie_pokal.gif
Elliot Cannon
It looks so good it almost HAS to run good. Am I wrong? laugh.gif
McMark
It a place to set your beer while your working.
Mblizzard
That bracket does exactly the opposite of a super charger. It sucks HP out! It is for the AC compressor.
stugray
Very nice!

Step two - (after installing engine) = replace linkage with CFR throttle linkage.
Step three - add bronze bushing to side shift tranny (cant see that side to see if you have already)
You appear to be running head vents, but where do they go?

Stu
Mblizzard
The head vents go to a oil breather that is not on the engine. At some point I am going back ti FI so I did not close off the vents.
malcolm2
Looks nice....AC too? Good luck with the 1st START. first.gif

Clark
Mblizzard
QUOTE(malcolm2 @ Aug 9 2013, 03:32 PM) *

Looks nice....AC too? Good luck with the 1st START. first.gif

Clark

Did you ever get yours back together? Just so you know, I checked compression and verified the timing many times! But I did not split the case on this one so I have high hopes for a quick start.
rhodyguy
rock on mike! git er' in there! mild cam iirc, yes?
PanelBilly
Take a video of the startup so we can hear you scream like a little girl
Mblizzard
Well it is in! Mostly wired but still have heat exchangers and exhaust to go.

Click to view attachment

Just need to figure out how to wire up the starter. It has the hot start external configuration that I did not pay much attention to when I removed it.

Kevin no cam. Left some HP on the table but I am planning on switching it back to FI at some point.

PanelBilly my wife loved your post and promised to capture the moment.
McMark
Pic of the starter wiring and we can help
r_towle
Should be three wires.

One from the battery
One yellow wire
One goes to the spade terminal at the starter solenoid.

The yellow wire would be the trigger
The one from the battery and the one going to the starter are the circuit.

Typically a three pole relay has two poles that look alike, or are on the same plane, and one that is not...

A relay is a switch.
The trigger closes the connection.

OR
You can just go back to stock and put the yellow wire on the spade bit at the starter solenoid and remove the aftermarket wiring.

Rich
Mblizzard
Thanks Rich. Before I pulled the engine I thought I had installed a bad ignition switch. I change that again and t still won't start. I hear a click from the fuse block. But nothing at the starter. I have not checked voltages yet but is there a relay for the starter on the fuse block?

I have a push bottom starter wired in and it runs but the key wont start it. Any suggestions?

Mark that thing started on the first crank! Never had that happen ever!
Jesco Reient
QUOTE(stugray @ Aug 9 2013, 04:06 PM) *

Very nice!

Step two - (after installing engine) = replace linkage with CFR throttle linkage.
Step three - add bronze bushing to side shift tranny (cant see that side to see if you have already)
You appear to be running head vents, but where do they go?

Stu

I'm in the same place with mine, where do you get information on "Step three - add bronze bushing to side shift tranny (cant see that side to see if you have already)"

Appreciate information thanks,
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.