Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1973 914, what is a regulator plate?-RESOLVED
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
HalfMoon
In solving more problems for my 1973 v-8 converted 914, I need to hook up my back up lights (they were removed by the PO presumably during the conversion).
The switch is on the trans, but there's no wires to be found.
When I examine the wiring diagram (picture enclosed) for a 1973, I see the wires run to the switch (from the lights) onto the trans switch then to a thing called #90 "Regulator plate".
No idea what this is or where it's located and Haynes makes no mention of it. As a guess, is this part of the stock system on or near where the regulator would have been? From the "Regulator plate", wires then go to #35 stop lamp switch.
Where is the regulator plate located and where is/was the regulator itself located?
Thanks all :-)
Btw, still working on the wiper problem. Switch suspected.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
HalfMoon
QUOTE(HalfMoon @ Aug 9 2013, 08:07 PM) *

In solving more problems for my 1973 v-8 converted 914, I need to hook up my back up lights (they were removed by the PO presumably during the conversion).
The switch is on the trans, but there's no wires to be found.
When I examine the wiring diagram (picture enclosed) for a 1973, I see the wires run to the switch (from the lights) onto the trans switch then to a thing called #90 "Regulator plate".
No idea what this is or where it's located and Haynes makes no mention of it. As a guess, is this part of the stock system on or near where the regulator would have been? From the "Regulator plate", wires then go to #35 stop lamp switch.
Where is the regulator plate located and where is/was the regulator itself located?
Thanks all :-)
Btw, still working on the wiper problem. Switch suspected.

Evidently the "regulator plate" is also known as a "circuit board" (picture enclosed).
My PO removed it. Soooo, from reverse light switch on the trans, I wonder if it would be possible to get power from the brake light switch which is where it went after the circuit board (on a 914 with a circuit board/regulator plate)?
Click to view attachment
JeffBowlsby
AKA relay board. Drivers side engine bay on a shelf, should have a black plastic molded cover and the main chassi harness connects to the board via a 14 pin connector plug. The back-up lights have 2 wires that are in the ignition harness...which connects to the relay board (12 pin connector) and starter. Your car is modified so only you will know what has been modified or removed.
HalfMoon
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Aug 9 2013, 08:22 PM) *

AKA relay board. Drivers side engine bay on a shelf, should have a black plastic molded cover and the main chassi harness connects to the board via a 14 pin connector plug. The back-up lights have 2 wires that are in the ignition harness...which connects to the relay board (12 pin connector) and starter. Your car is modified so only you will know what has been modified or removed.

Thanks Jeff. I checked the area you mentioned and indeed it has been removed. About the only thing I would have needed it for was the reverse lights :-(
I wonder about going direct from the reverse light switch on the trans to the brake light switch direct (which is where it went had a circuit board been in place)

Also, and as an aside, do you happen to know if a bad wiper swtch would kill power to fuse block position eight?

Thanks a bunch! We're getting there :-)
Hopefully soon I can get it inspected and start DRIVING!
Dave_Darling
Look at the white lines on the relay board diagram. See how they go from one connector to another? That's the path the current takes.

If you look carefully at the diagram, you'll see that the two gray/brown wires that plug into the 12-pin connector at the right rear simply go through the board to connect to the gray/brown wires in the 14-pin connector on the front of the board. So if you can find those wires, just hook one rear wire to one front wire, and the other rear wire to the other front wire. No problem.

--DD
HalfMoon
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Aug 9 2013, 10:26 PM) *

Look at the white lines on the relay board diagram. See how they go from one connector to another? That's the path the current takes.

If you look carefully at the diagram, you'll see that the two gray/brown wires that plug into the 12-pin connector at the right rear simply go through the board to connect to the gray/brown wires in the 14-pin connector on the front of the board. So if you can find those wires, just hook one rear wire to one front wire, and the other rear wire to the other front wire. No problem.

--DD

Your the MAN!
pray.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.