Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: carpet layout diagram
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Harpo
I just got my new carpet but it has been so long I can remember how it all goes back together. There are obvious parts like the longs, driver & passenger foot well that are obvious

Thanks

David
Harpo
The large one with the hole is most the center tunnel with the shifter

However the other three I have no idea

David
Harpo
Both of these have have have some additional sewing on them possibly to fit in corners

Click to view attachment
Dave_Darling
Lower-right looks like it goes over the shifter.

Upper-right looks like it goes on the driver's firewall above the pedals. If that's the case, the upper-left would go on the passenger-side firewall.

Not sure about the small piece in lower-left.

The other possibility for the two upper pieces would be behind the seats on the floorpan.

EDIT: You added the next pic while I was posting.

The one in your second pic with the cutout looks like it goes on the driver's long, with the handbrake handle pivot going through the hole. Dunno about the other one.

--DD
poorsche914
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

driving.gif
tod914
I think that "?" piece goes up by the pedal cluster.
Harpo
Thanks everyone
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(tod914 @ Aug 9 2013, 11:56 PM) *

I think that "?" piece goes up by the pedal cluster.

Yep agree.gif
GregAmy
From where did you buy the tan carpet?
MrHyde
sorry to hijack, but its related... What kind of glue do you use when installing the carpet pieces ???
TheCabinetmaker
QUOTE(MrHyde @ Aug 13 2013, 03:53 PM) *

sorry to hijack, but its related... What kind of glue do you use when installing the carpet pieces ???

I use carpet glue.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.