Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bolt-in solution for maintaining door gaps?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
stateofidleness
Gents,
I need to cut out the rear part of the floor on both sides and I'm not really sure if I need to do anything to maintain the door gaps or not. I didn't really want to have to weld anything to the door frame as I want to keep the original paint and all that. I was wondering if 1) does cutting out the rear part of the floor require any bracing and 2) if it does, is there a "bolt in" type solution that could be used instead of having to weld bars?
Porsche930dude
i would say as long as you dont get into the longs you should be ok. but you can put jackstands to suport the front and back independently so its not moving anywhere. 3 in front and 3 in back. and make sure everything is level before you cut
jimkelly
I've seen some that bolt to the 2 door hinges and V to one bolt point at top seat belt point.

this pic is close.

IPB Image
stateofidleness
I've got the car up on 4 ramps at the moment and the longs are actually very solid, just the floors have enough swiss cheese for me to want to swap them out completely (this is easier right??).
jimkelly
seems like you'll be fine.

see some good pics here about floor pan replacement.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=78501&st=0
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.