Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sail Panel Bottom Trim Hole Dimensional Locations
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tomeric914
I searched but could not find. Looking for the sail panel bottom trim hole dimensional locations. This is for the 4 holes on the bottom of the sail that hold the thin chrome trim.

They aren't on the body dimension page and aren't in any of the sail vinyl instructions either.

pilothyer
Maybe you can look on the inside and see where the bondo squished into the holes when they were filled in, then just go from there.
iamchappy
What i did was i had some old sail trim that i drilled four holes spaced out in the approximate location of the holes shown in the sail panel vinyl replacement thread. Place them on the lower sail panel, marked and drilled the holes.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=14625
tomeric914
QUOTE(pilothyer @ Aug 11 2013, 11:37 PM) *

Maybe you can look on the inside and see where the bondo squished into the holes when they were filled in, then just go from there.

Except that this is a replacement NOS fender that has no holes. When I removed the damaged fender, I nibbled right across the holes. slap.gif

QUOTE(iamchappy @ Aug 12 2013, 12:02 AM) *

What i did was i had some old sail trim that i drilled four holes spaced out in the approximate location of the holes shown in the sail panel vinyl replacement thread. Place them on the lower sail panel, marked and drilled the holes.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=14625

Ya know, I looked at that thread a couple of times and didn't see the holes shown. Looking again, I can get the relative locations from that thread. Thanks.

As much as I don't want to, I may take the trim off the other side and measure. I just don't want to chance messing up the trim if I don't have to.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.