Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GB- The original window scrapers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Mblizzard
Got mine and started to install. These are much smaller in width than the ones on my car. Will post so pictures soon.
Mikey914
QUOTE(barefoot @ Aug 21 2013, 03:08 PM) *

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Aug 16 2013, 04:17 AM) *

Stoddard has contracted with me to make these and I have their permission to make these available. They are the original design for the window scrapers that has been discontinued for decades. They were superseded with a 911 scraper.

Stoddard is adding some of my stuff to their site and I've been making 356 and 911 parts for them for some time now. They provided an original for me to produce these. I have to sell these at $8.50 each ($17 a set) as per our agreement, but there are only 2 places to buy these, and theirs are arriving later today.

For the GB, I can't reduce the price, but I can include free domestic shipping.

I'll get some better pictures in the morning.
-Mark

Do these replace just the squeegee, or the other part in there also ?

These are the original profile for the squeegee, so no additional parts required.
-Mark
mikesmith
Just installed one of these, and I'm having trouble with the window 'inhaling' it as it goes down (which jams the window).

I'm sure I have something aligned wrong (or bent) ... what do I need to adjust so that the seal will 'squeegee' properly against the window? Should it be closer to, or further away from, the glass?

Also, to be sure that I have it in the right way around, the side with the longer profile and the little 'nub' strips on the underside looks like it should be against the glass - is that correct?
McMark
Baby powder while the glass and seal are getting to know each other. wink.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE(McMark @ Jan 2 2014, 12:07 AM) *

Baby powder while the glass and seal are getting to know each other. wink.gif

I had the same problem after installing them a couple of months ago. I did just what Mark suggested. I added baby powder a couple of times over the course of a couple of weeks. Everything works perfect now. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.