Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Getting ready to order my lift
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
carr914
Nice! You join to sell $hit and bring up a 2 year old Thread.

You aren't getting a Welcome from me and don't Post in my Threads
bandjoey
Twas expecting something new from a member. Join us, show us your car or intentions to be an active member, tell us about your classics, etc,etc. Pictures help. Otherwise.. chair.gif
EdwardBlume
agree.gif
chair.gif chair.gif chair.gif
76-914
Once again. hit 'em where it hurts. That being social Media. I think I'll go blast the Turd on their Facebook or Yelp page. evilgrin.gif

EDIT: Yep, they have a Facebook page. Auto Equipment Depot. I Gave 'em a Taste of their own Medicine. biggrin.gif Auto Equipment Depot. Book 'em Dano! mad.gif
montoya 73 2.0
flame on!!!! chair.gif
iwanta914-6
I read through this thread not knowing it was 2 years old, lol.

Man those Mid-Rise lifts look super convenient!
euro911
I recommend having one of each, 4-post and a mid-rise.

The 4-post allows you to hoard more vehicles, as well as make quick work of a lot of undercarriage tasks, but the mid-rise will allow you to deal with all your suspension, braking and wheel needs much easier.
maddin
QUOTE(euro911 @ Jul 24 2015, 12:22 PM) *

I recommend having one of each, 4-post and a mid-rise.

The 4-post allows you to hoard more vehicles, as well as make quick work of a lot of undercarriage tasks, but the mid-rise will allow you to deal with all your suspension, braking and wheel needs much easier.

I was wondering if a scissor lift is any good for getting the engine in and out....
I have very limited space,a big lift is not an option but a scissor lift would be perfect...
any known disadvantages in relation to a 914 ?
euro911
Oh yeah, a scissor-lift will work fine for that. Even better for rear-engined cars. I think Elliot Cannon posted some pix of his set up when he pulled his motor out not too long ago.
maddin
QUOTE(euro911 @ Aug 12 2015, 10:32 AM) *

Oh yeah, a scissor-lift will work fine for that. Even better for rear-engined cars. I think Elliot Cannon posted some pix of his set up when he pulled his motor out not too long ago.

Excellent..I think that's the way to go for me....
thanks for the reply! smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.