Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Group Buy: LoJack Theft Protection. 57% off regular price.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
ConeDodger
QUOTE(euro911 @ Aug 31 2013, 11:36 PM) *

So, Rob, we can get this deal for any of our vehicles? (not just a classic sports car), right?

... and, is there a limit as to how many vehicles an individual can get this system installed in?

popcorn[1].gif

Objection! Asked and answered but yes, any car you own. I had my 240Z done. biggrin.gif
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Aug 24 2013, 10:42 AM) *

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Aug 23 2013, 04:40 PM) *

Mine is definitely wired into the system, that must be how the battery recharges...

I talked with him yesterday Jim, He says the systems used to be wired into the car but they found out that the thieves would just disconnect the battery and go 'invisible' to the tracking system. Now, it runs on a battery similar to the medical grade batteries that run insulin pumps, pacemakers etc...

Thanks Rob,

That makes a lot more sense. I always thought the wired unit was a weak link.
What did he say about testing and replacing the battery ? What's the expected life ? Can enduser do the replacement ? Does it require a "special" battery ?

ConeDodger
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Sep 1 2013, 10:18 AM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Aug 24 2013, 10:42 AM) *

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Aug 23 2013, 04:40 PM) *

Mine is definitely wired into the system, that must be how the battery recharges...

I talked with him yesterday Jim, He says the systems used to be wired into the car but they found out that the thieves would just disconnect the battery and go 'invisible' to the tracking system. Now, it runs on a battery similar to the medical grade batteries that run insulin pumps, pacemakers etc...

Thanks Rob,

That makes a lot more sense. I always thought the wired unit was a weak link.
What did he say about testing and replacing the battery ? What's the expected life ? Can enduser do the replacement ? Does it require a "special" battery ?

Derek says 10+ years Jim. Medical grade battery. Think pacemaker, insulin pump etc... smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.