Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Group Buy: LoJack Theft Protection. 57% off regular price.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
ConeDodger
Steve Hurt posted a few days ago that he had lost his 914. As it turned out, he did recover it, but this caused me to act on something I have been meaning to do for quite some time. I called Lojack.
I was able to negotiate a deal for 914World Members. In fact, quite a deal. I have copied and pasted the email that Derek Vinson, our LoJack representative wanted you to see. To get this deal, you must deal directly with him, and you must identify yourself as a 914World member. At this time, it is open ended but I would jump in quick. They will meet you at your home or a shop of your choice. Maybe we can get some regional stuff together by having events at different shops, Original Customs, 914LTD, CFR, etc...

Here is Dereks letter to you guys...

Dear Fellow 914 World Club Members,

I wanted to pass along information regarding LoJack for Classics. I have negotiated a deal with LoJack that can save 914 World Members 57% off the regular price of a LoJack System. To take advantage of these great savings, be sure to call Derek Vinson at 800-838-1177 x4195 or email him at dvinson@lojack.com.

See below for all the details….

LoJack offers the most effective solution for recovering a stolen vehicle. In fact, our proven technology and direct integration with law enforcement have allowed us to achieve over a 90% recovery rate – and many of those recoveries happen within just a few hours of the vehicle being reported stolen.

LoJack® Corporation, the company that invented the stolen vehicle recovery market, offers LoJack for Classics, a Stolen Vehicle Recovery System that is specially designed to meet the unique requirements of classic cars and help owners protect the investment they make in these one-of-a-kind vehicles. The system leverages LoJack’s next generation, self-powered Stolen Vehicle Recovery Technology, which offers several advantages that make it ideally suited to classic cars, including:

· A self-powered system that does not draw energy from a vehicle’s battery, and as such does not need to be connected to the vehicle’s electrical system.

· Carefully controlled installation that is covert, non-invasive and performed by a certified technician.

LoJack offers two key recovery solutions to meet the needs of Classic Car owners, which are outlined for you below.

LoJack for Classics Stolen Vehicle Recovery System: $695.00 (one-time payment) – special discounted pricing for 914 World members- $295

The LoJack Stolen Vehicle Recovery System is the only system used by the police, and is proven to track and recover your stolen vehicle or your money back. If your vehicle is stolen, LoJack’s proven technology uses a small hidden transceiver to send a signal to police, silently leading them to your vehicle’s exact location. Coverage areas do apply.

LoJack for Classics Stolen Vehicle Recovery System with Early Warning: $995.00 (one-time payment) - special discounted pricing for 914 World members- $595

Don’t give thieves a head start—upgrade your LoJack system with Early Warning and know when your car is on the move…without you. With Early Warning, your car is equipped with a motion sensor that is uniquely linked to a Key Pass you add to your keychain. If your car moves and the sensor cannot detect your Key Pass, you will be notified by phone, email, or text message if your vehicle has been moved without your authorization.* This is our most popular package. Coverage areas do apply.

*Please consult the LoJack Owner’s Manual for details regarding the timing and circumstances of the Early Warning notification.

Click on the link below to watch a short 2 minute video describing how LoJack works.

www.youtube.com/LoJack - How LoJack for Classics Works

To learn how LoJack for Classics has helped recover stolen classics for fellow classic car owners, click on the link below to view some real life Classic Car Recovery stories.

http://www.autotheftblog.com/category/auto...s/classic-cars/

To Receive the special promo pricing above you must mention that you are a 914 World Club Member, and make sure to place your order with Derek Vinson! Please feel free to call or email me with any questions or concerns that you would like answered prior to placing an order.
timothy_nd28
That is a awesome price idea.gif I wonder why the recovery rate is only 90%, why not 100?
ConeDodger
I asked that question. Sometimes, when the basic system is ordered, and the car is stolen from a storage situation, it isn't discovered before it's chopped, shipped out of the country, etc... The other thing that happens is the car is moved out of the 'coverage' area. It is a radio based system that has limited coverage in the middle of the country.

If you order the more expensive system, you are warned by text, phone call, etc, when your car is moved without your LoJack key fob within proximity of the unit. Then, theft from a storage unit would be jumped on.
ConeDodger
Before someone asks, the recovery is higher than the GPS based systems.
shoguneagle
When I bought my 2004 Vette, I had the dealership put one on and it has never given me any indication of trouble. We watch the Vette like a hawk and watch where we park. The LowJack gives us additional security and is highly recommended by us. I would never have a specialty car without it's installation. I think I paid just a little over a thousand dollars and do not know where the unit is installed on the car.

I think the system has been drastically improved since 2004.

I will think bout it for the Alfa and the Sixer.

Great job of providing information.

Steve Hurt
ConeDodger
I plan on the basic system for my 914-soon to be 6 and my 240Z. I have limited exposure since the rarely are not garage parked. But, I do go to events and the car rides a trailer or is parked in a hotel lot. $295 is cheap for that peace of mind and my insurance company says they will give me a discount for installing the system.
rick 918-S
Nice deal Rob.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Aug 20 2013, 08:07 PM) *

Nice deal Rob.

Yes, even better than I imagined. It's a shear numbers deal, he asked how many (non) members we had and I said almost 15K. He came back with the 57%
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Aug 20 2013, 09:16 PM) *

QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Aug 20 2013, 08:07 PM) *

Nice deal Rob.

Yes, even better than I imagined. It's a shear numbers deal, he asked how many (non) members we had and I said almost 15K. He came back with the 57%

Smokin' deal Rob. Thanks for the work.
Hine62
Does this have to be installed by a dealer? There are no dealers close to me.
SirAndy
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Aug 20 2013, 08:36 PM) *
It is a radio based system that has limited coverage in the middle of the country.

Cell phone actually, but yes, there are spots in the US that do not have coverage.

This is a great price btw., good job!
beerchug.gif
siverson
Is there any coverage in Mexico? I'm only 40 minutes away...

-Steve
siverson
> Cell phone actually

Their video seems to say it's not cell or GPS... ?

-Steve
SirAndy
QUOTE(siverson @ Aug 20 2013, 10:30 PM) *
Their video seems to say it's not cell or GPS... ?

I doubt they pay through their nose to use satellite transmissions or worse, short band.

Most tracking devices use cell phone carriers to transmit their data. That has absolutely nothing to do with GPS.
You don't transmit data through GPS, you use GPS to determine your location, speed, heading and local time.

popcorn[1].gif
bandjoey
If it requires no power when are the batteries changed and how much are they? Who can do that and who installs the system. Sounds like a great price. I just want to know the bottom line. Thanks.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Aug 20 2013, 09:47 PM) *

If it requires no power when are the batteries changed and how much are they? Who can do that and who installs the system. Sounds like a great price. I just want to know the bottom line. Thanks.

I'm told ten year battery life.
brant
Is there any maintenance fee? I suppose a battery fee at replacement time. But any other service fees? I was thinking about putting it on a trailer but also have no close centers and wondered about install?
Cairo94507
Great deal Rob and thanks for the initiative. I want this for my Six without a doubt for the peace of mind. But for the next year I am pretty sure that it will be locked in Scotty's shop. I am hopeful that when the car is ready for LoJack the deal will still be available. I would opt for the early warning system in this situation.
76-914
How's this work, Rob. We call Mr Vinson and he "groups us" with others at location to be named. I'm wondering if we can make it easy on them as a return favor. I'll bet SoCal will have at least 20 members wanting one.
ConeDodger
My 914 is at Original Customs in Sonoma California. They are going to do that one there. My 240Z is at home, they are going to do that one at the house. They will pretty much come to you wherever. They even told me at work.

I wasn't told a fee for replacing the battery, perhaps there is one. They are on about the same schedule as pacemaker batteries so I suspect, the same kind.

There is no maintenance fee.

There may not be coverage in Colorado. I will get Derek to give me a coverage map and post it here. But, really, all of these questions can get answered by simply calling him.
AZ914
I had one on my Dodge Ram Rumble Bee. It was a radio signal. The previous owner put it on there and the night my truck was stolen out of a restaurant parking lot, I suddenly remembered I had it. The police looked up my VIN via my plate #, put it into their receiver and found the truck a couple of hours later.

Highly recommended on 'hot' cars.
Tom_T
Outstanding deal Rob! smilie_pokal.gif

Thanx for doing this! beerchug.gif

i may consider it for our now restored 88 Westy, since my wife will still daily drive it, & their restored values are more than my 73 914-2.0 will be when it's done! blink.gif
ConeDodger
When you guys order from Derek, post up your experiences here. biggrin.gif
Elliot Cannon
Can we get the discount for ANY car or just the 914.
ConeDodger
I just tried to call Derek, he has the day off apparently. I bet his voice mail is blowing the Fuch up! happy11.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Aug 21 2013, 08:49 AM) *

Can we get the discount for ANY car or just the 914.

Any car. I got it on my 240Z. He basically needs to know your VIN and where you want the install to take place.
jim_hoyland
Nice job Rob, thats a great deal ! smile.gif
I've had the Lojack since '87 or so; one thing buyers need to know is your local police department has to have the capability to track the signal. The police in and around my location all have it; there are many small departments that don't.

I'll call Dereck and see if they have upgraded the Lojack since my installation.
Cairo94507
Here in CA I would bet the CHP can track it regardless if it was stolen in "their jurisdiction" or not.
montoya 73 2.0
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Aug 21 2013, 07:25 AM) *

There may not be coverage in Colorado. I will get Derek to give me a coverage map and post it here. But, really, all of these questions can get answered by simply calling him.

LoJack Coverage map by state counties....click here for their website

no coverage in my area of Oregon hissyfit.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(montoya 73 2.0 @ Aug 21 2013, 03:06 PM) *

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Aug 21 2013, 07:25 AM) *

LoJack Coverage map by state counties....click here for their website

no coverage in my area of Oregon hissyfit.gif

I still think it is worth having. I would guess the thieves will take it into an area that does have coverage...
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(siverson @ Aug 20 2013, 10:29 PM) *

-Steve

Steve, See: http://www.kawiforums.com/two-wheeled-disc...ed-my-bike.html

Seems there is some coverage... smile.gif
timothy_nd28
Damn, no coverage in Indiana headbang.gif
monkeyboy
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Aug 21 2013, 04:24 PM) *

-Steve

Coverage, yes. Will you get the car back, probably not. The PD's don't have jurisdiction in Mexico, and the Mexican Police haven't cooperated any time that I can remember. I have a few friends in San Diego have their trucks stolen. Once they are over the border, the insurance writes them off.
ednosnaws
QUOTE(monkeyboy @ Aug 22 2013, 07:31 AM) *

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Aug 21 2013, 04:24 PM) *

-Steve

Coverage, yes. Will you get the car back, probably not. The PD's don't have jurisdiction in Mexico, and the Mexican Police haven't cooperated any time that I can remember. I have a few friends in San Diego have their trucks stolen. Once they are over the border, the insurance writes them off.

I wonder what the recovery rate in San Diego is? ....I work for a tv station here, and I hear LoJack calls on the police scanners all the time....
bandjoey
Where is it installed on the car? If its viewable to the crook can it be ripped out and tosses out?
7TPorsh
Can the signal get through a shipping container?
ConeDodger
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Aug 22 2013, 07:36 AM) *

Where is it installed on the car? If its viewable to the crook can it be ripped out and tosses out?

The installer conceals it. They don't even tell the owner as far as I know.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Aug 22 2013, 07:38 AM) *

Can the signal get through a shipping container?

I am told that it will get through a shipping container. I have even heard that information was transmitted to the Philippines and a car was intercepted at the dock.
ConeDodger
Just ordered mine for the 914. They will be calling McMark to set up an install time. I ordered the basic system since my car is garage kept and pretty much never out there exposed to these low lifes...

euro911
That's an awesome deal. Thanks for doing all the legwork, Rob beerchug.gif
Mike Bellis
Great job Rob! I think I may get one too. smilie_pokal.gif
bandjoey
You can't hide anything on a 914 happy11.gif Seriously where does it go?
ConeDodger
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Aug 22 2013, 09:26 PM) *

You can't hide anything on a 914 happy11.gif Seriously where does it go?

In the interior most of the time.
jim_hoyland
I've seen them mounted behind the driver side speaker. The battery charge wire is close to the fuse panel; however their charger wire does not go directly to the fuse panel. They splice it into a wire in such a way as to be hidden.

You never know if the Lojack is working unless you have a tech come out and check the signal. Last time I did it was $50
ConeDodger
I may be misunderstanding you Jim, but LoJack doesn't hook into the cars electrical system. It has its own battery.

I am not avoiding the question, but my own system will be installed in my 914 on Friday at Original Customs. I really don't want anyone to know where it is. That way, I don't come back and find the LoJack parked where the car once was!!! blink.gif
Ferg
Hate Thieves ! I stayed in Pacific Grove for the historics as well, would not have thought about theft much in that area!

http://jalopnik.com/piles-of-feces-in-huma...acif-1189556508

jim_hoyland
Mine is definitely wired into the system, that must be how the battery recharges...
ConeDodger
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Aug 23 2013, 04:40 PM) *

Mine is definitely wired into the system, that must be how the battery recharges...

I talked with him yesterday Jim, He says the systems used to be wired into the car but they found out that the thieves would just disconnect the battery and go 'invisible' to the tracking system. Now, it runs on a battery similar to the medical grade batteries that run insulin pumps, pacemakers etc...
ConeDodger
Still going on. Get your order in before we lose this!
euro911
So, Rob, we can get this deal for any of our vehicles? (not just a classic sports car), right?

... and, is there a limit as to how many vehicles an individual can get this system installed in?

popcorn[1].gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.