Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: auto atlanta steel gt flares 650 a set
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nickg
not happening
tod914
You get your teener yet nick?
914helo
For steel that's a good price. However, there's no way I'll ever deal with AA again. I hope it works out for you, but in case it doesn't, keep all documentation.
SirAndy
their metal flares are actually pretty good quality. a few tiny ripples on the top, but otherwise nice.
lots of excess (sp?) material on the bottom flange so you can fit it perfectly onto your car.

we have a set on "blacky" ...
wink.gif Andy

PS: i have dealt with AA twice in the past and had no problems.
your milage may vary
nsyr
i may be interested. when are you going to order?
Root_Werks
mad.gif Oh now I am just pissed at myself. I spent only $250 shipped for my glass flares, but for $650, I would much rather have had steel. Dangit. I have MUCHO $$$ out in parts on customer cars right now waiting to be picked up. If I can scrounge up the $$$, I will contact you.

If that happens, off come the glass flares! smash.gif
ewdysar
OK, I'm in. I sent you a PM

Eric
'75 914 327 SBC
East coaster
Here's what you'll have to look forward to. This shot is from after clamping the flare to the stock fender and marking the edge, then goin' at it with a saw-zall. I bought "butt welding" clamps from harbor freight to make this job easier and a little more accurate. Here's the drivers side rear after cutting and clamping...........
East coaster
nuther...
East coaster
Then spot welded between clamps and removed clamps, then repeat between previous spot welds while moving around a lot to prevent heat warping.....
East coaster
nuther.......... welder.gif
ppickerell
Dumb question but, that's $700 for a set of 4? 2 front and 2 back? Delivered? Shit, now I can't sell the 5 lug stuff I have been hoarding.
East coaster
This is the challenge with the set I received. The bottoms are lower and shaped differently than the stock fenders. The stockers have a double bend and the AA flares have a single bend, not really a biggie but you need to work it some to make it look right. This is as far as I got when I started to run out of argon gas. Hopefully I can get the bottle filled tomorrow and continue the saga..........
nickg
not happening
bernbomb914
paypal address? andwhat is the paypal fee?

Bernie
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.