Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Aftermarket fuel pump
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
saigon71
Car is a 74 2.0 D-Jet.

Put power to my original three port fuel pump today and it leaked like a sieve at the seam. All hose connections are good.

I would be fine switching to an aftermarket two port pump. I remember hearing about a Bosch pump on this site at NAPA for $31, so I did a search on 914world to find the link. Just checked NAPA and the same pump is now $186.

Found a "Hayg" on Ebay for $50. Ad says it will fit a 914. But it is ebay and a pump I never heard of.

Has anyone found a reasonable aftermarket replacement lately?

Thanks.

Bob
914itis
I have a barely used 2 port that I can part out with since I will be doing my six.

Pm me if interested for pics.
JawjaPorsche
GR Parts has Bosch for$156

http://www.gprparts.com/ShopByVehicle.epc?...ump&mode=PA
76-914
Slits has the Ford? number for the same pump. Bout $50. I bought one as a backup. I bought a Bosch from Jonathon for the one I have in my car. Bought a quality pump and a cheap Chinese backup for insurance. biggrin.gif
saigon71
QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Aug 25 2013, 06:19 PM) *

Thanks for the responses. After sleeping on it, I decided to go with a brand new two port Bosch pump from GPR. Free shipping!

One less thing to worry about when bombing around in a 40 year old car. biggrin.gif

How do I re-plumb the fuel hoses going from a three port pump to a two port pump?

JawjaPorsche
QUOTE(saigon71 @ Aug 26 2013, 07:43 AM) *

QUOTE(JawjaPorsche @ Aug 25 2013, 06:19 PM) *

Thanks for the responses. After sleeping on it, I decided to go with a brand new two port Bosch pump from GPR. Free shipping!

One less thing to worry about when bombing around in a 40 year old car. biggrin.gif

How do I re-plumb the fuel hoses going from a three port pump to a two port pump?

On the return line, there is a Y connection where the fuel went back into the pump and the other to fuel tank. Just discard the Y connection and run return line back to the tank. No return line to fuel pump since you only have two ports.

The new fuel pump will have a smaller diameter than the three port pump. You are going to have to make some modifications on the bracket. I used an old Bosch coil bracket holder.

You will also need a different fuel filter than the one needed for the three port. The in port is bigger than the out port. I got mine from NAPA. Part Number 3274.
hot_shoe914
I bought a 2 port from the local FLAPS for about 47.00, I have had no trouble in the 2 years I have been running it.
Mblizzard
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Aug 26 2013, 04:18 AM) *

I bought a 2 port from the local FLAPS for about 47.00, I have had no trouble in the 2 years I have been running it.

Do you recall which FLAPS? Most just give you a blank stare when you ask for 914 parts.

I have a FI system for my 2.0 that I am missing the pump and breather for. Would like to get a fuel pump to see if the system works.
TheCabinetmaker
NAPA part #N69133. Under 100 bucks at my local napa store.
JawjaPorsche
QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ Aug 26 2013, 01:51 PM) *

NAPA part #N69133. Under 100 bucks at my local napa store.

Wow! That is a great price! Thanks for letting us know! beerchug.gif
SLITS
This is what NAPA was selling:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
TheCabinetmaker
Yep. Same as I have. I bought 2 before they raised the price.

Have you used one Ron?
Mblizzard
Looking at the NAPA pump are there any specs? It is a single line pump which would have to have the return routed back to the gas tank. Would that not be under some high pressure?
JawjaPorsche
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Aug 26 2013, 03:53 PM) *

Looking at the NAPA pump are there any specs? It is a single line pump which would have to have the return routed back to the gas tank. Would that not be under some high pressure?

If you have FI, you have to have a line back to the fuel tank.

If you have a three port now, just discard the Y connector.
TheCabinetmaker
One line from tank to filter, then to pump, then to fuel rail. return line runs directly from other end of fuel rail and back to tank. The 3rd line at the pump is eliminated.
SLITS
QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ Aug 26 2013, 12:25 PM) *

Yep. Same as I have. I bought 2 before they raised the price.

Have you used one Ron?

Put one on 76-914 (Ken) car in Cedar City, UT on the way to RCC12. Worked fine but that wasn't the problem.

It's a dead ass ringer for the 2 port '75 - '76 914 Pump.

I don't have any 4 cylinders but I keep a spare just in case. When they first came out they were $32.00 ... don't know what the price is now. It's a Bosch pump and not Chinese made.

As far as specifications I haven't found any but it will provide sufficient pressure and volume for a D-Jet system (and probably an L-Jet too!) based on fuel pressure readings from Kens' car gauge.

F00E191622 comes up: New Bosch Fuel Pump #69133/F00E191662 Mercury/Ford/Lincoln/Fiat (1980-1991)
Category: Parts & Accessories:Car & Truck Parts:Air Intake & Fuel Delivery:Fuel Pumps
Interchange Part Number: E2182
Other Part Number: fe0303
Part Brand: Bosch
Manufacturer Part Number: 69133

Bosch ESI only says it is an "Electric Fuel Pump" without any indication of applications.
chad newton
What about a Holley red or blue pump with a regulator? I don't know if any of us put out that kind of power to need that flow but could that be an option? What psi do webers run at?
TheCabinetmaker
Holley makes a high pressure fuel injection pump?
chad newton
QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ Aug 26 2013, 05:01 PM) *

Holley makes a high pressure fuel injection pump?

Probably, but I was thinking about the carborated ones. How much psi for the fuel injections?
Cap'n Krusty
Operating system pressure is 30PSI, more or less, and the pump needs to be capable of somewhat more than that. I don't recall the flow rate. It is NOT recommended that you use a higher pressure pump and regulate it down. This has, over the years, to be pretty commonly disastrous.

The Cap'n
r_towle
OEM pump was 65 psi but I cannot recall the GPh.

I went into the local store with those specs and found a delco pump, same size and shape, two port.
No issues at all for the p1800 ES, been quite a few years now...at least five or more.

I got the specs from the Volvo manual, but the djet is all the same in a Volvo except the mps, and the temp sensors.

At the time I went looking the Bosch pump was well over 200 bucks and we wanted to see if there was another option.
I documented it here in a thread...maybe I even put a part number.

I was less than 75 bucks.

Rich
saigon71
Thanks for the instructions on the plumbing! beerchug.gif

Installed the new Bosch two port fuel pump from GPR yesterday. Made a trip to the local ACE for the hardware I needed. I ended up going with a 59 cent pipe mount to secure the pump to the firewall. I didn't want to drill new holes, so I modified it slightly to line up with the mounting holes of the original 3 port clamp. Cut pieces of rubber hose as vibration dampeners where the mount meets the firewall. The pump itself pulled up tight against the firewall as well, so I ran a piece of thick mastic electrical tape along the back of the pump. A couple lengths of hose on the supply side, some brass hose menders and it was done:

Click to view attachment

JawjaPorsche
QUOTE(saigon71 @ Aug 29 2013, 08:02 AM) *

Thanks for the instructions on the plumbing! beerchug.gif

Installed the new Bosch two port fuel pump from GPR yesterday. Made a trip to the local ACE for the hardware I needed. I ended up going with a 59 cent pipe mount to secure the pump to the firewall. I didn't want to drill new holes, so I modified it slightly to line up with the mounting holes of the original 3 port clamp. Cut pieces of rubber hose as vibration dampeners where the mount meets the firewall. The pump itself pulled up tight against the firewall as well, so I ran a piece of thick mastic electrical tape along the back of the pump. A couple lengths of hose on the supply side, some brass hose menders and it was done:

Click to view attachment

Wow! That looks good! Neat as a pin! You do good work! beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.