Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PMB rebuilt rear brake calipers... never used
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
billh1963
Up for sale is a pair of 914 rear race calipers. These do not have a handbrake and, unless you have a handbrake solution, these may not be for you. Here's some other good points:

1. They have the same piston size as the larger 914-6 rear calipers (38mm).
2. They have the same pad size as the larger 914-6 rear calipers.
3. They work on the lighter, sometimes mandated stock solid rotor (in most cases nothing more is needed).
4. The nose section is the same casting as the 914-6 rear caliper.
5. They retain proper bias with pistons and pad sizes to the larger 48mm pistons of the M-Caliper, A-Caliper, S-Caliper and Brembo front calipers.

Don't bolt on early 914 front calipers on the rear of your 914. This gives you a heavy rear bias (because of the larger 42mm pistons) and that is VERY dangerous. These are the perfect solution

$150 obo

Click to view attachment
chad newton
QUOTE(billh1963 @ Aug 26 2013, 04:57 PM) *

Up for sale is a pair of 914 rear race calipers. These do not have a handbrake and, unless you have a handbrake solution, these may not be for you. Here's some other good points:

1. They have the same piston size as the larger 914-6 rear calipers (38mm).
2. They have the same pad size as the larger 914-6 rear calipers.
3. They work on the lighter, sometimes mandated stock solid rotor (in most cases nothing more is needed).
4. The nose section is the same casting as the 914-6 rear caliper.
5. They retain proper bias with pistons and pad sizes to the larger 48mm pistons of the M-Caliper, A-Caliper, S-Caliper and Brembo front calipers.

Don't bolt on early 914 front calipers on the rear of your 914. This gives you a heavy rear bias (because of the larger 42mm pistons) and that is VERY dangerous. These are the perfect solution

$150 obo

Sent u a message. I want them.

Click to view attachment

chad newton
I just want to make sure they will fit a vented 911 rotor.
billh1963
I don't know..... someone smarter than me will need to chime in.....
914Sixer
I do not see a spacer block, so I would say no. They look like 69 911T calipers, they were non-vented.
John1180
Pm sent

QUOTE(914Sixer @ Aug 26 2013, 07:09 PM) *

I do not see a spacer block, so I would say no. They look like 69 911T calipers, they were non-vented.

billh1963
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Aug 26 2013, 10:09 PM) *

Per information I got from Eric you are correct. This is what he said:

There are spacers available for them but it would require buying a pair of later 911 rears to steal them from. At which point he should... buy some later 911 rears.

These are calipers for 69 911's and 76 912E cars. The only two years with solid rotors. Great for a 914 because you never really "need" anything more than a solid rotor in the back and... They will have the proper bias for a 911 front caliper upgrade.
shuie
great deal either way, but am I the only person who is seeing the spacer in that pic?

Here is one of the 911 calipers I have for my rears with the spacer removed for non vented rotors. You can see the two halves with nothing in the middle on this one.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image
billh1963
SPF to John1180
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.