Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Long reinforcement
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Larry
I have some rust to deal with and need to strengthen the longs. How do I determine if the outer or inner reinforcement kits are a better way to go? Does it depend on where the rust is?
Thanks in advance.
Larry
SpecialK
You're definitely needing a some floor pieces, but the pic of the long doesn't look all that bad to me (and I've seen bad ones...too bad they're mine headbang.gif ). Mark Bland (Engman) makes a great inner long/rear firewall re-enforcement kit, and Brad Mayeur (can't recall his 'club' name) has some 'bad-ass' outer long stiffener kits. If you're planning on replacing them with stock parts I believe that the general concensus is Restoration Design:

http://www.restoration-design.com/

I've heard good things about their parts, and I'll probably have some first hand knowledge about their stuff before it's all said and done.

Wouldn't hurt to do a search on long replacement, I've seen quite a few well photographically documented repair threads listed here.

Good Luck!

Kevin
Larry
Kevin,
Thanks for your help. I've been looking at the Restoration Design site and at some of the comments about the inner kit. I'm also trying to figure out a logical order to what gets done first in this rust repair. I have some hell hole work to do as well.
Thanks again.
Larry
Trekkor
here:

great kit! clap56.gif

KT
dkos
Anyone have pics of the Brad Mayeur Kit?
guywan914
had the Restoration Design outer longs installed on my 75 with other necessary rust replacement panels. Chris Foley did the work installing, but everything fit very well.Restoration Design is the tops in my book.
SpecialK
Larry, I know I've seen pics of the Brad Mayeur kit installation somewhere but my CRS is acting up again blink.gif . I did however find a good article on the installation process:

http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarticles/9...gitude_repl.htm

My '73 had them on when I bought it and they look pretty bullet proof.......literally!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.