Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 928 guys what the heck is this???
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
spare time toys
I needed a flywheel for a manual trans I ordered one from this place and this is what they sent. It doesnt look like any flywheel I ever saw. It does have the starter ring though. What the heck is this? confused24.gif
spare time toys
flip side
Mueller
you really need to a get a manual for a 928 smile.gif

some 928s have basicly 1 flywheel, but it has 2 friction surfaces for the 2 clutches it uses...
jwalters
wink.gif It is the right one if you have the dual friction plate set-up--if your 928 is an '86 or older that is it...
ws91420
I'm not a 928 person but dont they have a torque tube behind that that actually attachs to the trans at the rear wheels.
spare time toys
Yea I know but how would this hook to the flywheel?
jwalters
QUOTE(spare time toys @ Dec 11 2004, 02:36 PM)
Yea I know but how would this hook to the flywheel?

biggrin.gif Do like Mueller says--get the manual---928's are beasts to work on---bet you haven't changed the timing belt yet huh??? If not go ahead and order a water pump for it when you do--when that belt goes---so does ALL your valves...
spare time toys
I was trying to get this figured with out bugging rick. Its one of the two flywheels he needs to make the adaptor to put the engine on the trans. It just doesnt look right with no center. I do now have a set of manuals for the 928 and 914.
ws91420
I was looking at the bird board at parts and they list a rubber convertor center. Possible that is what's missing?
jwalters
QUOTE(spare time toys @ Dec 11 2004, 02:47 PM)
I was trying to get this figured with out bugging rick. Its one of the two flywheels he needs to make the adaptor to put the engine on the trans. It just doesnt look right with no center. I do now have a set of manuals for the 928 and 914.

wink.gif Yea, it is a bastard set-up, when all the parts are on the counter, then it will all make sense! Good luck!! beer.gif
jim912928
Part number?.... if it has on it (928 116 033 22) that is the intermediate ring. One clutch plate goes on one side, the other clutch plate on the opposite..then the pressure plate attaches to the entire assembly.

The flywheel will start with numbers (928 102 .........) and then vary based on year/tranny type. 86+ went to a single clutch plate on the manual tranny's.
spare time toys
Upon further review they sent the wrong part. I was checking for the pn when I noticed their inventory number is not the number I ordered. It should be 7140 not 6872 some one just grabbed the wrong part.. We will see monday if they will make it good.
rick 918-S
Idiots! They sent the intermediate plate! ar15.gif
neo914-6
Need a spare eBay 928 engine laugh.gif
Felix
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.