Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: remove points plate from distributor?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
r3dplanet
Maybe I'm having a stroke or something.

I'm rebuilding a distributor from a 1.8 liter engine for a Weber conversion project. I've done this before for the D-Jet model with trigger points and didn't have difficulty. But for whatever reason, I can't seem to yank out the two points plates as a unit. The top plate can be pulled, but not the bottom one. All of the screws are out. So am I just being dense here or am I missing something?

Additionally, does anyone have any master genius plans on how to remove the metal circlip from the depths of the middle shaft?

Thanks,
Marcus

Click to view attachment
euro911
I think there's a pin you need to press out at the bottom of the shaft ... in the wobbly part that engages the slot in the dizzy drive gear
gifted914
QUOTE(euro911 @ Sep 1 2013, 05:05 PM) *

I think there's a pin you need to press out at the bottom of the shaft ... in the wobbly part that engages the slot in the dizzy drive gear

The lower plate clips in to aluminium casting inside the dizzy.
Try turning the plate to disengage the lower plate.

The circlip inside the cam, sometimes it will come out with a sudden force applied to it or use a bigger hammer

Best of luck driving.gif
r3dplanet
Hey gang,

Right on both counts. If only I could have a stroke .. of genius!

Distributor disassembled and soaking.

Thanks!

-marcus
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.