Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What hardware to connect clutch cable to throw out lever arm?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
shuie
I need to post a WTB for a couple of random small parts so I can get my clutch cable connected to the throwout bearing lever. I know I need the threaded bracket that attaches the cable to the lever. I also know I need the M10 bolt and a washer to secure the wheel/guide that the cable rides on. Is there anything else, any other brackets, etc, not shown in the pic below that I need? I cannot tell exactly what I need from PET and I just want to make sure I ask for the right stuff.

TIA

IPB Image
Harpo
You need one of these and two jam nuts.
They are a unique size, possibly M7-1.0

Click to view attachment
shuie
Yeah, I just looked in PET again and the clevis has a 911 part number. Pelican has that part in stock. I'll double check my hardware stash for the nuts. Thanks again
euro911
Try to locate a metal trunnion block, not the plastic one (shown above).

The nutz are an off the shelf item at OSH Hardware. I don't remember exactly what size, but they take an 11mm wrench.

You may also need a flat washer or two, and a 1" ~ 1.5" spacer between the arm and the double nutz.
bandjoey
You also need the tab washer that locks the cable to the cable stop (before the pulley. Pelican also sells these.
shuie
Does anyone have a picture of all of this stuff in place? I'm sure it would make more sense than what I am seeing in PET.
turk22
Here's a Pic from Bob's thread, and a couple he sent me to show the banjo clip

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
stugray
part #:

911-423-205-03-M260

At pelican.

Stu
Harpo
Any one know the P/N of that special washer in the last two photos. I can't find it in the PET and I lost mine

Edit - found it. 914-423-283-00 and pelican only has one left

Thanks

David
shuie
yep, 914-423-283-00-OEM. They had (2) when I ordered mine this morning.

as an FYI, the sleeve/boot at the pulley is 914-423-922-02-M260

Thanks again for the pics and info. This was pretty helpful.
euro911
I don't think the PET diagram shows this, but in some applications, a spacer may be needed between the trunnion block and the two nuts (as mentioned earlier). This is even with brand new cables on two of my cars confused24.gif

I run the cable as follows:

Through the arm - trunnion block - flat washer - 1.25" spacer - flat washer - nut 1 & nut 2.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.