Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Headlight cover removal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
e_artiles
How do you remove the trim panel that sits between the headlight cover and the front bumper? It looks like it's held in place by some rubber plugs.
pilothyer
You just push the rubber plugs back through from the inside.
jimkelly
unless any of the rubber plugs have been replaced with bolts and nuts.
jim_hoyland
Is each side held in with 2 or 3 grommets ? sad.gif
toolguy
3 each 2 on the trunk side, 1 on the fender well side. .
Try not to break them as they are probably brittle if they are the real ones. . . If you do need new ones, I think 914 Rubber has some. . otherwise, using a plain rubber grommet , the kind with a hole in the center will work. .
You'll probably learn a few new swear word when you replace them. . .
e_artiles
Do they push in from the headlight cavity or from the trunk and fender side?
r_towle
Push in towards the middle from the trunk and fender sides.
They stay attached to the eyebrow piece.
TJB/914
The eyebrow you want to remove has (2) grommets on the inside of the trunk area and (1) on the outside fender end. The (3) grommets are attached to the eyebrow with the grommet tit sticking in the hole showing on the above photo. Turn your headlights in the up position and gently lift the eyebrow out.
BTW: I installed an emergency wire from the hood latch with a pull handle under the eyebrow in case the cable breaks on the pull lever inside the car. Call it a safety latch if the hood cable breaks. w00t.gif Hidden under my eyebrow is a miniature (yellow) 914 carved handle attached to the wire that no one will ever see unless it's needed.
Tom
e_artiles
That's very creative TJB/914! Thank you all for your responses. I take it that the installation is just the reverse...push the rubber tit into the corresponding hole?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.