Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hoosiers are cool.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Trekkor
Roads were dry...Why not?

These things really, really, schtick.
I like them very much wub.gif

They love to turn in and they thanked me for all that negative camber I gave them. They got a warm feeling throughout.

KT
drew365
Why are you driving Hoosiers on the street? If you have money to throw away PM me. biggrin.gif
The stick will wear out way before the tread does.
Trekkor
Simulated session... wink.gif

They come off tommorrow and go into hibernation.
I just had to...Know.

KT
drgchapman
Got my first set about 3 months ago. Autocrossed them twice, Ran pretty good too. Very impressive. They do love the negative camber, I could only get neg 1-1/2 at each corner. I have yet to find the limit on them. Next year........
Trekkor
What PSI are people running in these tires.
I ran 32 in the rear and 30 up front. Felt good.
Shoud I run them lower?

Randal, didn't you say 25 psi?

KT
Randal
Autocrossing I ran them at 23 in front, 25 in back.

Road racing I ran them 33/34 (front/back) and they heated up to 136 after 15 minutes at Thunderhill. This was before Brad rebuilt my suspension, so I'd assume on a car properly set up (like yours) they'd get hotter.

BTW it was fun going into 8 at Thunderhill flat out (counterclockwise) and watching the 911's behind me brake. Pulled them about 8 car lengths there. The only problem was if you started the straight with a 911 right behind you.... they’d pull you 8 car lengths before you hit turn 1 and started to reel them back in again.

But as Hank Watt's says, if the car behind you catches you, he's faster. Sometimes we have to feel good just doing that, but the 911 guys simply hated (HATED) to pull over for a 914. biggrin.gif
drgchapman
Got my best times with 28 front, 30 rear. I was dropping pressure as runs passed. Ran out of runs before going lower. Increases of 1/2 second each run as pressure was reduced. But, was using up the tread, so I think I was reaching the sweet spot. Check your roll over, deflate until all tread used sidewall-sidewall. Finished 1 sec behind JP's 914-6 with my little 2.0.
Trekkor
Thanks, racers. smilie_pokal.gif

KT

( I need my own 2 acre a/x plot )
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.