Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: My little girl is very sick
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
curtis
QUOTE(Carl @ Dec 14 2004, 02:52 PM)
Sam,
I'm hopeful for the good news you posted. Now, we just need some momentum on the upswing.
smile.gif

agree.gif Keep a stiff upper lip and in the meantime shellie and I will keep you and your daughter and the rest of the family in prayer for the rest of the momentum to get over this steep hill! SHE WILL MAKE IT! wink.gif
Sammy
Someone recently asked me why I hang out on a 914 list even though I am currently between 914s.
I think the answer is clear enough, the people here are more important to me than the cars. I have never, ever been associated with a group that has made me more proud to be a member.

I am not deserving of so much good will but my little princess certainly is.

She is continuing to make small improvements and I have no doubt that all your caring is helping. Hopefully before long she will start to complain, that is when I will be able to relax a little.
As soon as she is well enough I will share with her all the kind posts.
Thank you all again.
Gint
Best wishes to you all from here Sam. Glad to hear she's doing better! It's amazing how kids can bounce back.
Allan
No problem Sammy. Consider it done.
DNHunt
Sammy, you and your little girl are in my prayers

Dave
machina
I've been there with our little girl Sam, nothing can prepare you for it, glad she is doing better.
Lou W
Mine and my families prayers are with you and your daughter.
Larry
Sam,
The strength and ability of a child and family to deal with difficulties is multiplied by the support and dedication of all around them. We share a small planet and are one family. My prayers and thoughts are with you and your daughter.
My love and peace,
Larry
Mark Henry
We went through this exact same thing with our Elizabeth about a year ago. I could not believe the support of this group of good people.
pray.gif

She has turned the corner and in a few weeks you will never know that she was sick....but an event like this sure does scare the crap out of any parent.

She is in our prayers tonight.
Trekkor
Sammy,

The members here have one thing in common I believe.
We know that the cars are cool , but, family comes first.

I'm happy to see all the support offered to you in your time of need.

I'll be watching for your posts of good news you'll share with us.

Best wishes. Speedy recovery. Stay positive.

KT
Engman
Man what a time of year for this to befall her. She will be in our prayers, glad to hear there is some positive news.

M
azbill
Sam - your little girl and your family are and will be in our thoughts and prayers until she is well. My the Good Lord help her.
Bill & Camille
anthony
I'm glad to hear she's on the mend. I hope she's well soon.
Dave Bell
Sammy -

I only get on now and again and I find this at the top of the list...

Praying for your girl and against that pnemonia bug... may it disappear and her recovery be rapid.

My girl just turned 12 last week...

I just hate debilitating illnesses... hate em all for that matter.

Pulling for you all bro.

- Dave
Seventyfive914
Hey. I'm way late into this thread, but nevertheless I'll certainly send up a specific prayer for the complete recovery of your little girl amigo. -K-
Hi_Fi_Guy
She is in our thoughts and prayers.
dan10101
Sam,
It's great she's made a turn for the better. Prayer does work!
We'll keep her in our prayers for a wonderful Christmas.
Dan
Maltese Falcon
Sammy, although we have never met , we send along sincere hopes that your little girl improves by the hour. Get that chicken soup ready !
Marty and crew @MSDS
dekman
Having had a child in the hospital and also being a treating pediatrician, I know both sides. My prayers are with you! Glad to hear she is doing better! smile.gif
ThinAir
You can count on continued prayer from the DeVries gang. I'm glad that we can already give thanks for the signs of progress that are evident. We'll continue to pray for complete healing and for God to strengthen the rest of your family. Having a child so ill is a very tough thing for the parents!
silver2.0
As a father of 3 I feel your pain, consider it done. One thing about this "club", you can't find a nicer bunch of guys, and you know you can always count on 'em. Just look how many relpies you have already. Keep us updated as time allows if you don't mind.
Carl
Sam,
I think it's time you gave us a name and posted a photo of your daughter. Not that it would change the intentions of the group any but it's nice to have a real image of the person everyone is pulling for.
pete-stevers
My wife and I will be thinking and praying for you tonight
We understand where you are... We have a boy who was very sick for an extended period...
All the best to your daughter and your family in this time

Steve and Family
ablose58
Sammy, You and your daughter will be in my prayers and hopes for a very speedy recovery pray.gif smilie_pokal.gif Best wishes always AL
Gary
Praying, Sammy.
bare 1
I'm glad she's doing better and pray the healing blood of Jesus over her and your entire family.This sort of thing affects everyone. May you and yours have that peace beyond understanding in this time of trouble. And I pray for wisdom for the doctors that they will know exactly what this is and what to do. May God richly bless you and yours.
736conver
Hope everything works out well.

Nothing like a little daddy's girl.

Mine has got me pretty tight.

Best Wishes.......
wheelo
God...giver of life protect this your child... give her & her family the power to overcome this disease.... bless them Lord with your eternal love and let them return home... healed ... ready to proclaim your glory... Amen aktion035.gif
Meredith
QUOTE(Sammy @ Dec 14 2004, 02:59 PM)
Hopefully before long she will start to complain, that is when I will be able to relax a little.

laugh.gif That sounds about right.

I'm so glad to hear she's improving. I'm sending good thoughts your way.

-Mer

PS- I second the request for a picture of your little girl.
indydad
My family is going through some rough times right now, but not as bad as having a child sick. Our prayers ARE with you and your family.
old dad
sgomes
I just found this thread. Glad to hear she's feeling better. You're in our prayers.

P.S. I'm going home at lunch to clean all the mold out of the bathrooms!!! Our little Olivia is 3months old and I want to give her the best start in life that I can.

Give her a hug from all of us,
Sammy
OK, even better news and hopefully the last update necessary:

Jessica is home in her own warm bed smilie_pokal.gif

her fever is now what they call "low grade" and can be managed with tylenol, she has a terrible cough but the doctor says that's good? I guess so that she can clear the bad stuff out. She is taking all sorts of medicine and evidently it is working.

Anywho, she is really weak but ate a little chicken broth and crackers, looks like she'll be back to normal in a couple of weeks, maybe faster!
I figure the 914 club gets most of the credit for her recovery, the doctor and pharmacy gets what's left over biggrin.gif
Everybody here take a moment and pat yourself on the back pray.gif

I hear about other people getting sick but thought that it won't happen to us, you just never know. Happy endings are a very good thing. Thank you!
mikerose
clap56.gif boldblue.gif smilie_pokal.gif
Allan
Good to hear it!!!! Keep us updated. smilie_pokal.gif
Howard
smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif
Jeroen
Great news! Give Jessica a hug from all of us!
Bruce Allert
That's a very good Christmas Present Sammy... the BEST.

Have a good one....... wavey.gif

......b
TheCabinetmaker
Thank you Lord for answering our prayers. Amen
Joe Bob
Good to hear it Sammy....worst feeling in my life...seeing one of my kids sick and knowing that there was not a damn thing I could do....makes you feeel helpless.

Then when they are feeling good.....it's like cool......
Mrs. K
QUOTE(Sammy @ Dec 15 2004, 12:39 PM)

Anywho, she is really weak but ate a little chicken broth and crackers, looks like she'll be back to normal in a couple of weeks, maybe faster!

Great news!!!!! clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif
I think she deserves lots of Ice Cream when she feels
up to it! chowtime.gif

Lisa jester.gif
redshift
Whoa Sammy!

Glad to hear she's better man, I was worried when I started reading...

M
scooter311
Great news!
smilie_pokal.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.