Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: My little girl is very sick
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Sammy
My 11 year old daughter was admitted to the hospital yesterday with severe pneumonia.
It started as a cold, then flu, now she has lost over 10% of her body weight in 4 days.
The doc says we should know more today, whether she gets better or worse. If it turns for the better she could be home in a few days.
They're asking me questions about mold and all kinds of things, I don't think they really know much right now but are just hoping all the medicine they are pumping into her will work.
Anyone so inclinded to throw a prayer her way will be thanked any way I can.
Thanks.
skline
Consider it done, I had it twice when I was very young, and once last year. It's no fun. Have faith, she will get better.
Aaron Cox
youve got it... unsure.gif hope she gets better
Kerrys914
Sorry to hear of the news... Best wishes from the Herrs in PA wub.gif

Keep us posted and hang in there. I'll have the family say a prayer tonight for her.
iamchappy
I will hold it in my heart.

Chap
JB 914
consider it done!!
Ferg
Done, and she will be included in tonights family prayers as well.
Ferg.
morph
I hope she has a speedy recovery, having a child in the hospital is very hard, It's even harder when you get so many questions from everyone, and all that you can focus on is your child.

HIEDI
scruz914
You got it. There is nothing more heart breaking than a child sick and in the hospital. I wish her a speedy recovery.

-Jeff
davep
There are a lot of nasty things going around. We hope that she and all of our loved ones regain their health. Christmas is no time to be ill.
Carl
Sam,
Best wishes to your daughter for a quick recovery and to you for patience in this difficult time. Pneumonia is a tough one.

Carl
aircooledboy
Damn Sam, sad.gif

Done indeed.

We went through the same dance with our 2 yr old Sunday. Thankfully the doc agreed to try one more thing before admitting her and it worked. Looking into mold and that sort of stuff was suggested to us too. Dealing with a very sick child and trying to think about whether there might air quality issues in the house is pretty overwhelming.

Good luck, and our prayers are with your family.
Joe Bob
Ouch....me and all my girls are online with God right now....good luck. Give her a hug for me.
d7n7master
Our prayers are with you.
Eric_Ciampa
We will pray. post when you have more information.
Joe Ricard
Yup I'm there for you all.
Having a Preemie baby in my case makes you very sensative to sick children. Would one of these help? mueba.gif
Eric_Shea
Done. Many prayers for Sammy's daughter.
Jenny
Sammy, my thoughts go out to you and your family, especially your little girl. Keep us posted on how she's doing when you have time. And buy her some cool magazines to read.

Jen
dinomium
we are including you in our thoughts this season...
3d914
Sammy,

Here's mine right now . . .

Eternal and Glorious God - source of all life & breath! We look to you through the sacrifice of your Son our Lord & Savior - Jesus Christ - who died so that we can have access to you - and request your intervention - you blessing - your supernatural favor - on Sammy's daughter in her time of need. Restore her health and enable the doctors to identify the root of the problem for her benefit and the benefit of others. Comfort the family, and show them the fruit of their faith and confidence in you as our God. Amen.
Howard
Just took everything else off my Christmas list. Best wishes from our family to yours.
jwalters
sad.gif I am so sorry to hear about your baby girl. I am a single father of an 8 yr old girl myself, I know your pain. She will get better, my prayers are with you and yours. pray.gif
rjkavanagh
Sam, she'll be in our thoughts, please keep us informed on how's she's doing.
Carlitos Way
Best wishes, thoughts and prayers.
tdgray
Comin at ya Sammy.

Let us know how she's doing.
SteveL
My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Stay strong.
Stutgart46
She will be in my prayers.
Please wish her the best.
Dave_Darling
What they all ^^^ said! I hope she comes home soon, healthy and happy to not be eating hospital food!! wink.gif

--DD
Sammy
Great news!
The fever has started to break and she is coherent enough to realize where she is and recognize her mother and I.
It looks like she will turn the corner, even the doctor is acting like the worst is over. She is still very sick but it looks like she will get better instead of worse.
You guys are the greatest.
Thank you very much to those of you who are old friends and those of you who are new friends.
You wishes and prayers have helped her and my wife and I more than you can imagine.
Always Looking
Our prayers are with you.
aircooledboy
monkeydance.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif monkeydance.gif
Mueller
sorry to hear that this happened, sounds like some good news however and nothing sounds better than news of recovery....our wishes are with ya till the end and she comes home safe and sound....
Eddie914
Our prayers our with her.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Eddie
GaroldShaffer
That is great news smilie_pokal.gif Our prayers for a speedy recovery.

- Garold
Evill Ed
Sam, your little girl and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

There is alot of Love on this list.

Stay strong.

Best wishes,

Ed Villela

PS - email me later on about mold issues, I may be able to help you out with identifying possible sources.
neo914-6
It looks like she will turn the corner
smilie_pokal.gif
Felix
charlesmac
Done!!

Glad things are looking better.

Lord Bless all of you

Charles
nebreitling
i'll keep her and your family in my heart. glad to hear things are getting better. beerchug.gif
GWN7
Worst feeling in the world is handing your child over to someone else and hoping they can make them better.

Glad there is some good news.

Happy thoughts from my family to yours....
watsonrx13
Sam, your little girl and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Glad to see that she has turned for the best... biggrin.gif
Mrs. K
smilie_pokal.gif Great to hear that she is getting better!!!!
Kids are quite resiliant and she will gain that body weight back
in no time!
I have worked in hospitals for 20 years, and had some personal
family kid illnesses......she's gonna be fine!
Especially with all the "914" prayers....
mine included, of course!
God bless you and your family from mine.
Hang in there!

Lisa rolleyes.gif
aveale
Thanx for sharing.

Our thoughts are with you.

T
Qarl
Hi Sammy,

From someone what has been a recipient of lots of prayers from this group for his little boy, I will be more than glad to send not just one prayer your way, but lots.

I'll keep you and your family and your little girl in my thoughts and pray for another "good news" post soon.

Hang in there.

Regards,

Qarl

Hunter's Dad
spare time toys
Your on our list.
Scott Carlberg
QUOTE(Carl @ Dec 14 2004, 10:18 AM)
Sam,
Best wishes to your daughter for a quick recovery and to you for patience in this difficult time. Pneumonia is a tough one.

Carl

Nicely said Carl.

Best wishes to you & your family Sammy.
airsix
Sammy,
From one father to another my heart goes out to you and your family.
I'm so glad to hear your little girl is doing better. The prayers will continue.

Best Regards,
Ben M. (your brother in 914 turboness)
Jeroen
Hey Sam,

Our thoughts are with you/your daughter/family
Hang in there!

Jeroen, Christie and Zoey
gregrobbins
Glad to hear the good news part. Sad a young one is ill, anytime, especially this time of year.

Susan and I are remembering your daughter and your family in our prayers!
Carl
Sam,
I'm hopeful for the good news you posted. Now, we just need some momentum on the upswing.
smile.gif
TheCabinetmaker
QUOTE(3d914 @ Dec 14 2004, 12:36 PM)
Sammy,

Here's mine right now . . .

Eternal and Glorious God - source of all life & breath! We look to you through the sacrifice of your Son our Lord & Savior - Jesus Christ - who died so that we can have access to you - and request your intervention - you blessing - your supernatural favor - on Sammy's daughter in her time of need. Restore her health and enable the doctors to identify the root of the problem for her benefit and the benefit of others. Comfort the family, and show them the fruit of their faith and confidence in you as our God. Amen.

Amen.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.