Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: broke a fan blade
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bernbomb914
pulled engine and found broken fan blade. can I remove three more to make it uniform? I remember somewhere the if you remove some blades it works better. what should I do?

Bernie idea.gif wacko.gif blink.gif
tracks914
Search ebay and buy a new one. they run about $10.
Yes you can even out but the engineers at the factory put them all in there for a reason.
Joe Ricard
Not for street engines. You mat get away with one on the opposing side. I did that and it was fine.
Is this an early or late fan?
bernbomb914
see pic I dont know what year it is
Joe Ricard
Early
bernbomb914
whats better?

Bernie
Joe Ricard
Just a different design. blades are same size I like the early with the ruber nose cone. Seems more aerodynamic to me. However no scientific proof.
BTW you have mail.
Eric_Shea
Pretty much covered Here
dmenche914
if you can get one, add one of them nifty fan covers found on Type IV Bus engines. If is a plastic mesh screen, and bolts to the fan house (the 914 fan house should already have the boss for the bolts, maybe already drilled and tapped for you)

This will help stop leaves from getting sucked in, that will get stuck on the cooling fins, and increase the temps. The plastic mesh covers is great.

dave
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.