Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Combo gauge
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dangrouche
Here are two pics of gauges, the combo gauge is what I already in my 2 liter without the numbers. I see a local CL listing for the one with the numbering, the goal of this project is to have numbers on the gauge since I did a SMD LED retrofit of my gauges. Is this a direct swap out of the temperature module withOUT the necessity of a new temp sender? Click to view attachment Click to view attachment If I only need a sender, does anyone know the number? sorry for the disparity of the image sizes.
StratPlayer
I'm assuming your going to replace the temp. module with a numbered temp. module. I think this is the sender you will need for the module change.
914Sixer
Simple answer is yes your 2.0 temp sender is the correct one for the 911 temp scale. I thought I would show the two side by side. 1st is the unmarked 914 next to the unmarked 911. Both have different hash marks on them but the temp range is the same. 2nd one shows the temp range on the factory senders of 200 C. Different end plugs but the same result. 3rd one is the aftermarket one that is 150 C.
dangrouche
Great, that the information I needed to know, thank you Mark !
Mark Henry
You could always hook up what you have to a power supply (battery charger) and stick the sender into boiling water, then you can put a 100c baseline mark on the un-numbered gauge.
That's all you really have to know. shades.gif
dangrouche
QUOTE(Mark Henry @ Sep 20 2013, 07:04 AM) *

You could always hook up what you have to a power supply (battery charger) and stick the sender into boiling water, then you can put a 100c baseline mark on the un-numbered gauge.
That's all you really have to know. shades.gif

Another great tip as well!! thanks
914forme
You can also use oil, and then you can mark it above and below 100 C. Just add a thermometer. Then you can run it up the scale and mark all your spots. While they are close to the same resistance and the same reading each will be sightly different. You should also add the proper length of wire with the same gauge as your installation. This will also effect resistance. Thus effecting accuracy.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.