Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: what's the proper undercoating for a 914-6?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
puffinator
After spending an inordinate amount of time removing the black undercoat from my -6 I didn't find a gray color undercoat, it is more of a yellow/beige. The primer is a light gray but not the undercoat. Does the factory gray undercoat age to this yellow/beige color? My underside looks the same as the piece Scotty had in an earlier post side by side with a gray blob of new undercoat. Are there any products that are close to the yellow/beige undercoat?
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
scotty b
I think there is either some color change over time or they used a different color. Cairo's car actually had some pieces that looked beige and some looked more grey. A 73 S I'm also doing looks more grey. It has 43,000 original miles. I'm looking at a new system and will report back after the first of the year. the rep was supposed to come out this week, and called yesterday to say it won't be until after the first. He swears I will be able to match ANY texture perfectly. I've also been talking to a Ferrari restoring that is having the same issue now that SKS is only in black. He had the same results I did with the U-Pol Gravi-tex. Looked great when sprayed but layed down too smooth overnight so it's a no go sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.