Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My car is in Panorama December 2013!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
naro914
Congrats!
FYI, for all you that think PCA is anti 914.... President Manny Alban owns a 914, Executive Director Vu Nguyen owns a 914, and Pano Editor Pete Stout is a huge 914 fan...can't remember if he still has his.

Expect to see a fair share of 914 related articles into the future...

Looking forward to reading the article!
scotty b
Congrats ! It's times like this I wish I hadn't dropped my PCA membership
euro911
Congrats on the article, Paul thumb3d.gif

It's nice to see that the ugly bastard stepchild P-car has gained increased appreciation over the past several years.
rick 918-S
smilie_pokal.gif
brant
Congrats.
Very very cool
JmuRiz
QUOTE(scotty b @ Dec 14 2013, 03:20 PM) *

Congrats ! It's times like this I wish I hadn't dropped my PCA membership

You can check it out next time you're up...I can make a copy this week if you want.

I don't think PCA is anti 914, but it seems that the company is.
It is good to see a lot of 914 guys in the PCA offices now, that's for sure.
bandjoey
Is that in the Jan. issue. ?
Beaut. Of a car!!!!!
Jake Raby
Awesome! Its in the same issue as "Cayman 4.2".. The latest creation of Charles at LN Engineering and yours truly. Check out page 66 and the 5 pages of feature after it :-)

Awesome 914, too!
Ferg
Congrats Paul, just got mine, can't wait to read it!

tod914
Stellar car Paul! Congrads on the article, and of course Parade. Looks like she found her way to the right owner.
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(naro914 @ Dec 14 2013, 03:10 PM) *
...and Pano Editor Pete Stout is a huge 914 fan...can't remember if he still has his.

You can ask him. He's on here as "horizontally-opposed". smile.gif

I haven't heard anything about him ditching his 914, but I did hear it was getting a couple more cylinders added to it...

--DD
orthobiz
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Dec 14 2013, 10:50 PM) *

Beaut. Of a car!!!!!

It's the December 2013 issue.

Thanks everyone for the kind comments!

Paul
GeorgeRud
Great article!

As a long-time PCA member (40 years), I've definitely seen more and more interest in the 914 over the years. Where we were first not accepted as real Porsches by PCA, more and more folks are realizing the great combination of handling, mileage, and storage capacity offered by these neat little cars!

And yes, I also seem to sense that Porsche AG seems to avoid acknowledging the 914 like a bastard stepchild.
Johny Blackstain
Very cool... thumb3d.gif
smveril
I really like the new format of Panorama. There articles every month on cars and owner's journey with these cars.

Now that the articles include our beloved 914, Pano has raised the bar.

Congratulations Paul. I was also pleased to see Brad Mayeur featured as well. He has supplied parts and advice for my 73 2.0 restoration.
TJB/914
QUOTE(orthobiz @ Dec 15 2013, 07:12 AM) *

QUOTE(bandjoey @ Dec 14 2013, 10:50 PM) *

Beaut. Of a car!!!!!

It's the December 2013 issue.

Thanks everyone for the kind comments!

Paul

Paul,
We are soo proud of you raising the 914 bar. You worked hard for the Pano award. pray.gif Great job @ Parade, you deserve the honors.
Paul, Did you get the guys name who offered you $40K++ & hit you with his checkbook. I need his name to see if he wants my Chrome Yellow 914?? idea.gif
Eric Shea and Brad Mayeur were quoted as 914-Experts!!! hissyfit.gif screwy.gif Now we have to pay more for their services?? popcorn[1].gif sheeplove.gif But, we love you guys for raising the 914 bar.

Great 914 stuff along with the Feb. 2014 EXCELLENCE issue last 914-6, M-471 #9142430260 article owned by David Hatch from Wisc. Is he active on 914 World??

Tom

Type 47
Wow, what a car...what a write up for the 914 in Pano...I'm not sure I've ever seen that many pages on a 914. I think that's b/c of the quality of the car.

I've been a PCA member since 95'...my only regret is not joining in 77' when I bought my 1st 914.

btw: I didn't know chrome bumpers were available in 74'...I thought they all were black
chrisz01
Great article enjoyed the read. Nice to see Brad M mentioned. I bought my first 914 through him on consignment. I just had some things sorted out by my mechanic and he was impressed by the condition of the car. Brad M represented the car honestly as I purchased the car trusting him. I am out in a CA and had not seen the car in person. It's fun being in the 914 world.

clz
EdwardBlume
agree.gif
aktion035.gif
Pat Garvey
Paul (Bliz),
You did it! You broke the glass ceiling. 914's are now being recognized.
I knew you could win, just needed a little push and some rah rah.
Excellent score!
Pat
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.