Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche Electric Speedometers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BIGKAT_83
I need to add a VSS(vehicle speed sensor) to my 914 Transaxle. I'll probaly just go with some pulse wheel with a magnetic pickup mounted on the inter CV joint. Does anyone know how many PPR (pulses/per/rev) that the 911 electric speedometer cars use?
I want to use this for feedback to the computer I'm using for my conversion.

Bob huh.gif huh.gif
sixnotfour
Dakota Digital sells a progamable (Dip switches on the one I used a few years ago ) interfacer. You caibrate while driving.
I dont know what they have now days but they are big in the Street Rod stuff. They may a a pulse generator that could work off of your speedo drive also.

Jeff
ein 6er
maybe this fits in here some where .......

i dug out some old axles i had from a disassembled 75 parts car,
and noticed these magnets on the inner cv. speed sensors? for what?

doug
ein 6er
nuder
ein 6er
last
Jeff Bonanno
there was an old thread about using the CV's to carry pickups for speedo - seem to recall that Qarl weighed in on that one...
Jeff Bonanno
ah yes, here it is. wrong person tho - it was ss6:

speedo thread

jbb
Jeff Bonanno
nope, i was wrong again - Qarl DID chime in on the second page.

jbb
andys
Bob,

These guys will know for sure: http://www.nhspeedometer.com/

Don't know if this helps, but JTR has a nice discussion on VSS (Lots of GM content).

http://www.jagsthatrun.com/V8-chapters/V8-...eed-Sensors.pdf

Andy
BIGKAT_83
Thanks for all of the help. I'll be making some axle adapters to take the 901 transaxle flange to except the larger 911 axles. When I do these I think I'll machine in some teeth on the adapter and use a red lion magnetic pickup.

Bob
ClayPerrine
I called North Hollywood speedo yesterday about this very subject. They sell a sender on their website that screws into a speedo drive and provides the correct output for a 911 Electronic speedo. They make a very short adapter cable to hook it to a 914 or 911 transaxle.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.