Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Interesting Items
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mblizzard
There have been a few items that I have encountered recently that just seemed very expensive for what they were. Getting closer to potentially getting them to a much cheaper price.

Click to view attachment
Dave_Darling
Front suspension bushing?

--DD
Mblizzard
3-D printed Venturi's.

Thoughts?
codices
These are tools for removal and replacement of small hub caps on factory teener wheels without bending or denting.
rhodyguy
what are they made of? can the material handle a flash back thru the carbs?
Mblizzard
Kevin they should be fine as the are high temp PLA with a melting point over 110 C.
r_towle
Cool.

What materials can you print?
I would be interested in some custom velocity stack.
Mblizzard
For the velocity stacks I would go with ABS lower melting temp but a little stronger material.

Right now we are mainly doing PLA and ABS. But we can do most extrudeable plastic.

Let me know what you would like and we can either generate the or use your design.
r_towle
Is it just plastic?
Mblizzard
Yep but it has an additional solvent resistant coating on it for fuels and and air flow. If there is a failure of the plastic due to heat, the impacts on the engine are quite small.
bulitt
If I could offer a request, and don't know what volume you are talking about, but the front side marker assembly that holds the bulbs (not the lens) is NLA, Kinda thought about having a run of 1000 made up but possibly something you could offer.
Eric_Shea
QUOTE(r_towle @ Sep 23 2013, 06:49 PM) *

Is it just plastic?

Factory used plastic stacks.
r_towle
Questin is really, can you only print plastic?
Mblizzard
QUOTE(bulitt @ Sep 23 2013, 05:12 PM) *

If I could offer a request, and don't know what volume you are talking about, but the front side marker assembly that holds the bulbs (not the lens) is NLA, Kinda thought about having a run of 1000 made up but possibly something you could offer.

Being new to this I don't know all of the in's and outs but there are a number of places where you can essentially print whatever volume you want. But the printing capacity is not the valuable part. The STL file used to print the file holds the value. When you use one of the print on demand services you send that valuable file to them and it usually ends up in China before your part is done. That's just my impression and I could be wrong.

If you have the file, the age and demand of this part makes it an unlikely target for others. The only problem would be incorporating the electrical connections. But certainly it can be done.

While we don't have the file or capacity at this point we would be happy to work with you on this.
Mblizzard
QUOTE(r_towle @ Sep 23 2013, 05:29 PM) *

Questin is really, can you only print plastic?

Yes now we only have the capacity for plastic. There are ways to do metals which are expensive but you can use this method to produce castings for metal products.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.