Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 3.6 questions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914mikee100
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment

My project has now advanced to the point that I can concentrate on the engine. I am pulling the distributors for belt replacement and vent kit installation, pulled the injectors for ultrasound, ordered new sparg plug wires and plugs and caps, and it looks like I will need to get new valve cover gaskets. Other than a new main oil seal when i put the conversion flywheel on, is there anything else I should be looking for? Should I replace the crank sensor and O2 sensor or do they usually survive the transplant? This rubber is ripped. Do I just replace it with a plastic block off plate?Click to view attachment
SirAndy
QUOTE(914mikee100 @ Sep 30 2013, 11:13 AM) *

My project has now advanced to the point that I can concentrate on the engine. I am pulling the distributors for belt replacement and vent kit installation, pulled the injectors for ultrasound, ordered new sparg plug wires and plugs and caps, and it looks like I will need to get new valve cover gaskets. Other than a new main oil seal when i put the conversion flywheel on, is there anything else I should be looking for? Should I replace the crank sensor and O2 sensor or do they usually survive the transplant? This rubber is ripped. Do I just replace it with a plastic block off plate?

I used the blockoff plate from PMS.
I also reused the crank sensor but opted to buy a new O2 sensor.
driving.gif
SirAndy
Alright, here are some pictures, hope this helps.

Please note that i separated the two horizontal plastic chambers that connect the left/right upper intake which allowed me to rotate the top one that includes the intake plenum.
I rotated it down until the rubber elbow cleared the rear decklid which allowed me to mount the air filter on the drivers side under the engine lid latch.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.