Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bought a '71 parts car yesterday
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
X911IC
I purchased a '71 parts car yesterday that was someone's attempt at building a race car. They ran out of ambition and time. Apparently the owners wife gave him an ultimatum. I guess he felt it was cheaper to dump the car. Probably a wise decision in the long run. The car is not salvageable given it's current condition. The car came with a Sheridan Body Kit that I have removed and will be selling as well as many other parts. I have not established a parts list with prices yet, but PM me if there is something in particular that you want. BTW, there is very little rust in this car other than the hell hole, so parts of the body are in good condition and will be available. I will take the parts that I need and will pass along everything else as cheaply as possible. I will have doors, glass, kneepad, AC, head and tail lights, suspension, wheels and tires, etc. The VIN is 4712905759 and will add it to the database.

I continue to work on the Barnfind Restoration and have stripped the body to bare metal and completed the body work and sprayed with epoxy primer. I will add photos soon. Click to view attachment
SirAndy
QUOTE(X911IC @ Oct 3 2013, 08:03 PM) *
there is very little rust in this car other than the hell hole

The why are you cutting it up?
confused24.gif

Someone out there might just be willing to save that one ...
shades.gif
McMark
So this is just a classified ad in the garage for more exposure? dry.gif
Spoke
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Oct 3 2013, 11:09 PM) *

confused24.gif

shades.gif

agree.gif

Shoot some pics of the car underside, hell hole, floors, and trunks. You might be able to flip this for some $$.

"Very little rust" on the east coast means it sits on all 4 wheels without the center of the car touching the ground.
914itis
1st dibs on the wheels if parting out
porbmw
crack free dash?
crack free euro rear lenses...?
Lotta crack talk.....
rick 918-S
QUOTE(McMark @ Oct 3 2013, 11:14 PM) *

With only 17 post he may not have realized he was in the Garage not the classifieds where this belongs.
euro911
QUOTE(Spoke @ Oct 3 2013, 09:23 PM) *
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Oct 3 2013, 11:09 PM) *
confused24.gif

shades.gif
agree.gif

Shoot some pics of the car underside, hell hole, floors, and trunks. You might be able to flip this for some $$.

"Very little rust" on the east coast means it sits on all 4 wheels without the center of the car touching the ground.
agree.gif ... agree.gif

There are guys on the east coast that have a totally different philosophy as to what's salvageable and what's not.

Many guys out here would give their eye teeth to get a hold of one with only a hell hole problem.

Give it some time confused24.gif
Elliot Cannon
Five lug conversion, Sheridan body, nice wheels. Someone might want the whole car?
X911IC
Here are the facts.

It is not a five lug conversion, but has wheel adapters, no engine, no bumpers, no wiring or electrical, no dash, rear brakes are missing, no weatherstripping, tunnel torn apart, terrible hack job on fenders for body kit, front trunk floor missing, replica wheels, the list goes on.

I base my decision of facts. Having restored two 911's and two 912's, this is not my first rodeo. It's a POS!! It would take $20,000 to make this a $10,000 car.

Some moron with grandiose ideas of going racing with a limited budget and absolutely no clue what he was doing brutally butchered this car to the point of no return and decided to save his marriage rather than continue to throw money at it.

But, if there is someone who feels that they would like to take on this project, just shoot me a PM and we can talk. I'm just not interested in doing in an open forum where I'll be critiqued.

No, I am not trying to circumvent the classified section, just providing information!
I could get much more on Craigslist or The Samba! Have you seen their prices?

My plan was to dismantle any salvageable parts and offer them at as low a cost as possible to members as payment for providing a huge database of knowledge and experience as well as continue to occasionally allow me to call upon others for some guidance and encouragement.

In the words of Caesar,
Ubi fumus, ibi ignis. Ubi fumus, ibi ignis.
Elliot Cannon
Whew! Sounds worse than I thought. Time to part that thing out. av-943.gif
X911IC
QUOTE(McMark @ Oct 3 2013, 09:14 PM) *

Not my style! I spent my life saving lives and property and protecting the environment. My joy comes from helping others. Let me know if you need anything, it's on the house, no charge! I'll even pay the shipping.

Facta, non verba
carr914
I need the Engine Lid Catch/Receiver

Click to view attachment
X911IC
QUOTE(carr914 @ Oct 4 2013, 03:22 AM) *

I need the Engine Lid Catch/Receiver

Click to view attachment

If anyone wants a specific part, please PM me. I do not want to use the garage as classifieds!! I like to play by the rules. Thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.