Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT : Just a little daydreaming
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
carambola
just as the title said, where could we (being American of any sort) build our own Nurburgring. i'm almost thinking the hilly country just off the plains of colorado or tennesse or kentucky.
ClayPerrine
I have always thought that we should build the LeMans course west of Paris, TX (without the wimpy chicanes in the middle of the mulsanne straight) biggrin.gif

Then invite NASCAR to run a road race there!! That would get the French's nickers in a twist!!! happy11.gif
Hawktel
Honestly this could work. Lets face it, there is some part of Eastern Oregon, Southern Idaho, North Nevada, All of Utah, all of Wyoming, some of Colorado, and certainly in Texas that ain't worth doing anything else with.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Hawktel @ Dec 17 2004, 03:02 PM)
Honestly this could work. Lets face it, there is some part of Eastern Oregon, Southern Idaho, North Nevada, All of Utah, all of Wyoming, some of Colorado, and certainly in Texas that ain't worth doing anything else with.

i've never been to any of those places, but in a country this big, it shouldn't be a problem to find a few square miles of unmolested countryside with nice elevation changes and woods and occassional rain and snow ...

the ring is one of the most challanging race tracks in the world, simply because of it's length and the "micro-climates" along the way.
the "old ring" even more so. you can start in sunshine, go through a downpour, hit some black ice and be back in sunshine, all within one lap ...

plus, there are *plenty* of trees to hit ...
cool.gif Andy
SpecialK
When Dave (Hi-Ho-Silber) and I took our cars down to SE Missouri to meet up with some good folks down there, they took us on a 17 mile loop of the wickedest twisties I've seen in MO ohmy.gif driving.gif. Shelby (flatout) told us that they block off the road and run some kind of car rally. I'll have to check back with her this spring and find out more about the event.
michel richard
Actually, there was an article in the New York Times recently

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/12/06/automobi...40e7c5c&ei=5087

accoriding to which GM built a reproduction of parts of the Nurburgring in Milford Mich. a few years ago.

The article is still freely available, I think.

Michel Richard
bryanthompson
Southeast Nebraska or northwestern Missouri could be a good place for it. I'm only a little biased, of course cool_shades.gif
vortrex
QUOTE(michel richard @ Dec 17 2004, 05:02 PM)
accoriding to which GM built a reproduction of parts of the Nurburgring in Milford Mich. a few years ago.

cool! milford, MI is my hometown. yes, we are famous for the GM proving grounds. I lived my whole life about 1 mile from there. it is a HUGE compound.
winnkhan
I'd have to throw in a 3 or 4 corners area like the okla,colorado, new mexico area that would give you your flats-ok, your twists-col,and your weather- NM.that would be sweet, up into the foothills of the rockies down into the plains . how much do you think 20 30 mill?think if we started saving right now we could do it? maybe we should sell cookies or somthing. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.